Hero 3 vs Hero 3+

Topflight

Gopro advertises the Hero 3+ as being smaller and lighter than the Hero 3. Does this affect the Zenmuse H3 3D balancing or can either be used?

kloner

Aerial DP
they are the same size, might be lighter but not much. i've seen both used in zens

biggest difference is it's recording modes, low light settings, better raw control, but it's not as sharp imo... hero3 in 2.7k is money even in low light

photobobga

Regarding the Hero 3+, it is my understanding that GoPro made the optimal focus length 5 feet or less on this model.... this is for those that take selfies with the Hero+. There are several YouTube videos that demonstrate the process of re-focusing for 5' and beyond, see below. I followed the directions offered and did the adjustment. In my opinion videos and photos are sharper... how much, not sure but it is noticeable in the final edit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLdpSRMsEs

Best,
Bob

kloner

Aerial DP
it was my understanding they screwed up with the focus cause all that changed later in 3+ life as in now...... my hate is the super modes are ridiculous for aerial, no good, looks weird. it has more settings in the raw mode than a 3, and they did something to the mpbs setting to make it more compatible with micro sd's that makes the file less quality....

I only see the quality difference when i crop 2.7 video down, it winds up a lesser product than doing the same thing to a 3. and, every mode i shoot in doesn't let me utilize the low light feature the 3+ has but mileage may vary depending what it's being used for.