Help required seting up new A2

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Haha this has made me chuckle. Spot on Dave re the failsafes in A2 and WKM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe Ed

The A2 using the internal Rx will automatically enter failsafe upon loss of signal. Unfortunately in the A2 assistant using either the internal Futaba compatible Rx or the Spektrum satellites it will not show any changes other than RC signal lost and that indicates that it has moved to failsafe. I also tested with the Lightbridge and it performs the same and is connect via DBus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Haha this has made me chuckle. Spot on Dave re the failsafes in A2 and WKM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what its like trying to read between the smoke and mirrors of necessity.. step back, take a breath and then go have a beer!

Tomorrow everything will be clear.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The A2 using the internal Rx will automatically enter failsafe upon loss of signal. However, if you are using another Rx then I would recommend that you set up failsafe as described in your Tx/Rx user manual with throttle above 10%, etc. Unfortunately in the A2 assistant using either the internal Futaba compatible Rx or the Spektrum satellites it will not show any changes other than RC signal lost and that indicates that it has moved to failsafe. I also tested with the Lightbridge and it performs the same and is connect via DBus.
Ed I hate to differ but are you sure about that?

I have emails that contradict that. My own testing of the S-BUS / Spektrum negates ANY failsafe programming

Dave

Tahoe Ed

I have emails that contradict that. My own testing of the S-BUS / Spektrum negates ANY failsafe programming

Dave

Dave that was my recommendation, not necessarily DJI's. The A2 is a special animal when it comes to failsafe. If you have received specific instructions from DJI and have tested it then I will not quibble and will modify my post. As I stated the Lightbridge connected to DBus works the same. What is interesting is that it also works on a P2 with a Naza. It appears that failsafe is built into the Lightbridge air unit. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave that was my recommendation, not necessarily DJI's. The A2 is a special animal when it comes to failsafe. If you have received specific instructions from DJI and have tested it then I will not quibble and will modify my post. Thanks.

Just wish it was all properly documented by DJI so we dont all have to be BETA testers for free!

Dave

Tahoe Ed

That has already been requested. I wish Failsafe would show in Assistant the way is showed with the WKM and the Naza. The first time you try it, it is an act of faith. It works but you are correct, it would be nice to better document the feature.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Also maybe a adjustable return to home rate as in MPS as at the moment for any one with a faint heart its heart stoppingly violent!

Bit like early WKM days

Dave

sk8brd

Quinton thanks for the info/settings on the futaba setup that's what i will be on. i can confirm that as tahoe ed said my naza's all drop into failsafe automatically no mixes needed when transmitter is turned off using s bus at least. if you want to program to a switch then i think you need min throttle setting and a mix so it works in all flight modes at least on naza. i would bench test turning off transmitter with props off and see if there is enough throttle activity to look like it will hover first then just try it on a rig in the wild and hope for the best..lol

Helijib

OK All sorted now, thank goodness.
Everything is working as normal now, once I started from scratch, must have been something really weird going on.
I had a nightmare at one stage even getting the motors to turn, as the start sticks seemed to be opposite to eachother, and reversing them on the transmitter seemed not to work, they had to be done in the software.

So for my own recollection if I ever need it I will post here what I did, and what I watched/read to get going.

Futaba T14SG With A2 DS16..

A CH1
E CH2 REV
T CH3 REV
R CH4
U CH7 (gps/atti/manual) 76/76 ENDPOINTS
K1 CH5 REV (Knob LD to set Basic Gains)
K2 CH12 REV (Knob RD to set Atti Gains) Looked at manual and video and there seemed to be a bit of contradiction which channel, so just made it 12)
IOC CH10
Go Home CH11 58/58 ENDPOINTS

Will set the other stuff like leg retracts later which should be straight forward.
I take it you still have to set the likes of minimum throttle points for failsafes etc, same as Wookong.
Anything else I am missing that I should be aware of?

Will add links to pages required to get setup, for anyone else moving to the A2 Futaba..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMN4xosIpdg (Video to help)
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/a2/en/A2_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.08_en.pdf A2 Setup manual

Quinton,
Guess what... I'm having the same issues. I'm running the Spektrum two satallite option and am getting the weird motor glitch. Anyone out there figured out the real problem here? Not a very good feeling at all!!!!
Thanks everyone for working on this issue.

Old Man

Dave

Using a Futaba 14SG and A2, my system would not show failsafe entry in the Assistant with the TX switched off. The A2 Assistant would only indicate signal lost. The failsafe transition indication did not appear until I programmed end points for them. Tahoe Ed is correct. History being what it is I find it foolhardy for anyone missing the fail safe indication to trust the FC is actually going to enter a fail safe mode.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'm not telling anyone what to do but it appears that the newest A2 firmware is an improvement over past versions. trying to get anything done without the latest version may be futile. going to the latest version may be futile. proceed with caution. :)

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Endpoints 4 Radio Loss Fail Safe

Yes..... It a common RC Transmitter configuration issue beyond the control of DJI A2 Assistant, i.e., RC Xmitter Endpoints must be correctly configured for radio off fail safe to work properly. I am using the Futaba T8FG Super.

I wonder how many out there have skipped past this critical step and eventually had a fly-away.
If I recall correctly the same concept was required for my original NAZA and then the WKM...

Also after the 3rd re-read of the A2 manual, I finally clued in and used a hot glue gun to affix the canbus connectors firmly to the A2 FC.

Using a Futaba 14SG and A2, my system would not show failsafe entry in the Assistant with the TX switched off. The A2 Assistant would only indicate signal lost. The failsafe transition indication did not appear until I programmed end points for them. Tahoe Ed is correct. History being what it is I find it foolhardy for anyone missing the fail safe indication to trust the FC is actually going to enter a fail safe mode.