Aeronavics / Droidworx Help - Maytech ESC smoked on power-up / first throttle application

Efliernz

Pete
Hi guys.

I'm helping a noob out who has powered up his DW SL lite for the first time tonight... and the smoke escaped from an ESC when the motors first moved (6S pack) (without props). The ESC still runs... Photos below...

For those that have used this (DW supplied) setup and parts, has anyone else has problems with these ESC's (before he orders a replacement 3rd-party esc)?

Cheers

Pete

View attachment 12587View attachment 12588View attachment 12589View attachment 12590

Attachments

• !cid_EC863D45-9753-4C9E-A72E-61177656AD53@localdomain.jpg
    !cid_EC863D45-9753-4C9E-A72E-61177656AD53@localdomain.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Motors.jpg
    Motors.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 295
  • Maytech esc.jpg
    Maytech esc.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 324
  • Maytech 40.jpg
    Maytech 40.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 316

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Pete email Tom at DW and ask his advice. If DW have supplied them they should know about the issue. I am sure he will get a replacement from them. I would also have thought that IF DW supplied the ESC's its what they have found to be the best for there craft.

Dave

RobertsUp

I'm having that hot esc issue now. Mine are Maytechs. I would have flown it Sunday morning if I had not felt that one esc was almost too hot to touch. I have a spare. (I always order extras of every thing) Tonight I disassembled the 450, took that arm off and left just the esc dangling from the power distribution board. Disconnected that esc from the Naza. Looks like an easy part to replace. Some unsoldering. We'll see what happens.

That esc ran so hot without a load that I think it's a no brainer to try replacing it first. My soldering joints look solid.

Rob