Hello from the Uk (cardiff)

Paul Dowers

Hey Guys n gals,

Thought id just say hello,seems like a great forum to hangout in.

I own a Gaui 330x (bought from Geoff,quadcopters.co.uk)

A Blade MQX (using it to learn how to fly a quad)

I also have a self built quadcopter with a Dji 450 frame and a hobby king flight controller

Paul

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Paul

Welcome to MRF.. Glad you registered and stuck your toe in the water. There is a growing number of in on the forum from the UK so give us a shout if you need out.. I am sure Geoff will have given u good advice but he cant be on the phone 24/7 but thats whats so great about this place.. any time day or night there is always someone lurking some where on the planet that my just be able to help with a problem or read your success story.. Again welcome to MRF.. the best place to be

Dave

wassimj

Looking for volunteers to test my laser cut quadcopter airframe

Hello all,

Hello from the UK (Cardiff) as well.

I have been researching quadcopters online for a while now with the ultimate goal of building my own quadcopter. I have not yet bought any motors or electronics etc.. but I have designed a simple airframe based on the idea that it can be cut out on a laser cutter without any assembly. I also wanted a design that would protect the props, but not be too heavy. So, borrowing the concept from the AR. Parrot I designed it as four circles.. I am hoping the circular frame would bump against obstacles before the props do. I shaved some weight off by cutting out holes trying to maintain the overall rigidity of the frame.

Could you take a look at the attached image and let me know if you spot any issues that need to be addressed. Also, since I have a large A1+ laser cutter, I am willing to cut the frame and send it (for free) to someone with experience with building quadcopters to test it and let me know how to improve it. Due to shipping charges etc.. I prefer to send it to a UK user. Anyone interested? All I ask is detailed feedback on how to improve it and some photos of it with motors etc..

Here is how it looks:

View attachment 4875

Attachments

• A1-Quadcopter.jpg
    A1-Quadcopter.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 306

wassimj

Thank you! I am trying to figure out what weight I should aim for and thus what material to cut it out of and if I need to shave off some more weight (without compromising rigidity). I would love to cut it out of plexi-glass (that would look very nice I think).. but it would be heavy and susceptible to breakage I would think.

Are you able and interested in test-driving the frame if I laser cut it and send it to you??

Bob-Wales

Hi i would like to say a hi from North Wales and it isnice to see other countermen on here and good luck with the project.
Bob

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi i would like to say a hi from North Wales and it isnice to see other countermen on here and good luck with the project.
Bob

Welcom all the new guys that have jumped in to this thread.

Aye Up Bob... is it still a wild night in the Legion!

Is Morty Smith still kicking around?

Spent many a night in the Town... Used to use it as a back to reality night after I had been away for a long time!

Dave

Hi wassimj, the frame certainly looks good, from the measurements are you basing it around 8" props? I have been looking into a 3D printer with the intention of making some parts or possibly a complete frame. I am new to all this so don't have any real building experience but would definitely like to see the frame as it develops.