Hello from SoCal! Noob to Multicopters!

kloner

Aerial DP
we've only had one met so far, but last october we had 20 pilots from phoenix to los angeles. They brought everything from skywalkers to multi rotors to huge wings. we had another 30-40 people that came to watch and for the seminars. We tried showing everybody what it takes, what works and doesn't, etc. There will be lots of raffle prizes this time around. It's just the day, but your welcome to fly the spot before and after. there is a nice hotel across the street.

http://rchelicollective.com/zen/kloner/funfly/davesbeach/

linter

wow. that sounds like a blast. might have to try to make it, because i sure could stand to learn a few things. do you know of any similar gatherings around the country?

kloner

Aerial DP
you just gotta follow the groups in your area, we all love sharing what we do. Theres 5-10 of us that regularly fly out at daves on any given day. it's pretty much fpv heavan with a little of everything

where are you at?

linter

i'm mostly either in NC or RI but business often sends me to L.A. (and elsewhere around the country). I'm thinking maybe I could plan a business trip to coincide with your get-together ....

Barken

I'll have to create a parts list and price it out. Do you know any good US distributors? I keep finding most are UK/international.

hjls3

Barken - having owned the package I would agree with Kloner. It is super nice, mine was sporting the Axi and while it did the job, I quickly was into an AD6, much much better for hauling around a DSLR. I guess it would depend upon your needs. I happen to have all of those parts still and I keep meaning to get around to taking the stock 550 I have and making it a hot rod. I think it would be tons of fun to fly without any cargo (gimble camera etc).

kloner

Aerial DP
Right now that fpv meet in Carlsbad is shooting for Mar 23....... keep your ear here for details, i'll post all about it soon

Barken

I got an F550 with heavy lift kit last week.Patrick over at AMP was awesome, very knowledgeable and helpful. I'll be there on the 23rd, probably without an FPV system though, but we'll see if I can scrape for one. :D