Having fun with a non cooperative little hexa :)))

E-Copter

My dad was here so he could record a small fun session, don't try to reproduce this at home, all stunts were performed by professional actors ( looool !) !

This little controller did not want to let me put it in trouble, making this small F550 kind of tenacious :highly_amused:

End of flight is the " failcrash" activation on flat batteries ( if under safety celiling it will auto land and cut motors with respect to a 69 joules max. impact force as long as it's possible), it can control a parachute deployment if over safety ceiling also but well on such small frame it's pretty useless lol !

Next videos will be made as soon as we have a good and nasty wind and crap meteorological conditions (rain or whatever can make the exercise funnier) :nevreness:

These are tests made to validate the pre production firmware of some unit, core is less than 20 grams and with extension (connectors) board, all in one box, is less than 60 gramms.

I'm trying to get my hands on a large frame to make gimbal stabilisation tests, the unit is able to stabilise 2 axis + manage Pan, but well, there are some very well working systems available for 3 axis gimbals like the Cinestar 360 so no real need to reinvent the wheel, i just hope to find the right settings to get something stable enough to avoind spending hours with " Adobe Premiere after effects" just to show local cows and fields and be able to say " yeeehaaaa i did it" :))))))

Best regards,

Fabien

Last edited by a moderator:

E-Copter

Hi,
i was working on compass settings due to the large copper places composing the lower frame. After 2 more battery packs, i can say that now it's really locked in GPS and Altitude hold and no more compass issues. This little Hexa looks like a " Toy" but flies like big multis now, pretty fun to see the guy's face when they see all the controller can do :)
I'll write more details about the flight controller in a few weeks :)
Best regards,
fabien

kloner

Aerial DP
now it's all making since......... i was thinking why is he re-enacting the dji test with a wookong? ahaaa...... are you writing the firmwares?

E-Copter

Hi,

this is everything but a wookong or Mk inside :)

It's a new flight controller, in final test phase, and i will mill the casings within the end of october for a first "pre release" batch ( aluminum case that does not disturb the compass) .

The first batch will be delivered to some " partners" for extensive real condition reviews and reports on the interface, and to create base presets for frames like Cinestar, Mikrokopter...

As i said in my presentation thread, i'm onthe forum as a " tourist" and it's everything about fun and helping whenever i can. For the business stuffs, i'll leave the future partners do their job and if i have informations to give about the unit it will be done on my website when i'll re open it :)))

If i can come to USA for the Helifreak Meeting, i'll leave whoever is there and has an AMA licence test fly the unit and play wit the groundstation settings while flying to see how it reacts, i have a MX 20 soit can be switched in any mode :)

I'll be at the Helifreak meeting as " Gryphon " electronics ( stufs for Rc helicopters) so feel free to come by ( if i can make it, my schedule is so crap that i even don't know where i'll be in 5 days lol !)

BEst regards,

Fabien

kloner

Aerial DP
i'm generally not planning to go, but it's less than an hour from my house so if you go, let me know. i'm full ama, got friends that belong to that club but i belong to two down further south, SD silent flyers and weed whackers. i'd like to take a look.

E-Copter

Hi,

you will be more than welcome to have a look on it :)
Even if i can't do it to Helifreak meeting, i will anyway be for 2 / 3 weeks in California sometimes between October and December for tests on large frames / gimbals to make real condition testing, validation and maybe a few changes or funtions additions for video / photo professionals. Their inputs will be very important for me :)
I'll bring the F550 fun frame and the " Speedy Gonzales" frames ( Mini Karbonic Y6 made my mate and partner since many years David Cook).
I'll be half time in Los Angeles and half time in Sunnyvale, so at some time i should not be too far way from any people willing to give it a try :))))

Best regards,

Fabien