Half price S800...

hugy

They did the same with the dji flamwheel frame. They ripped the pictures from the dji site, cut the DJI brand off and posted them on their own site. After some days they posted the pictures of their own clone frames.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Anyone want to bet the official DJI price for the S800 comes way down soon? I'm thinking it will in the not too far off future...

Ken

DennyR

Well spotted Ken
The other clone mr's from RC Timer are definitely knock off and not out of the same mold. It does however suggest that DJI don't actually make the stuff themselves. I mean you cant just make those motors in a couple of weeks or produce the ESC's. It would seem that RC timer know exactly where they are sourced and then rebadge the same/similar. Dog eat Dog copyright infringement is rife in china. They are all at it. I guess the Zenmuse will be next. "Hopefully".

It could also be that DJI sell off the factory seconds to have a bite of the other cherry. Some of the other cheap IMU's do look like they are a stripped down version of the Naza.

An alternative to the S800 in my book would be the new TDR heli from Henseleit. Unbelievable stability and smooth flight in any wind plus 120 kph, this is the most awesome heli that I have yet seen in action. That with a Zenmouse on the front would surely be the ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete80

Do you think that the way the motors are angled slightly towards the frame accounts for some of the stability? I would think so! Mind you it would be running at a slight loss of efficiency... would be a good experiment!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

DennyR

I tried that a couple of years ago with an MK board and the verdict was that it was not as good because it screwed with the yaw in high winds. I expect that the DJI algorithm is better.

Breezemont

Anyone want to bet the official DJI price for the S800 comes way down soon? I'm thinking it will in the not too far off future...

Ken
It should it's a massive ripoff.

And that "Time sensitive pricing" con game?
Seems like just a tax on those with more money than sense/poor impulse control.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
There is a little more to the s800 frame than some plastic arms 2 center plates and a carbon landing gear. This to be clone before taken serious as a cheaper version has to show which features it includes and what components come with it. I am pretty sure that the motors on the s800 are rctiger motors and the 15 " CF props are also certainly not cheap. We have no clue about the ESCs and if they are running one a specific firmware etc.

Might not play a role for some or some didn't have too good experiences. But i am getting a very responsive and great support from DJI, which i am starting to consider worth some extra cash. Cant compare it to rctimer.

Boris

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Well spotted Ken
The other clone mr's from RC Timer are definitely knock off and not out of the same mold. It does however suggest that DJI don't actually make the stuff themselves. I mean you cant just make those motors in a couple of weeks or produce the ESC's. It would seem that RC timer know exactly where they are sourced and then rebadge the same/similar. Dog eat Dog copyright infringement is rife in china. They are all at it. I guess the Zenmuse will be next. "Hopefully".

It could also be that DJI sell off the factory seconds to have a bite of the other cherry. Some of the other cheap IMU's do look like they are a stripped down version of the Naza.

An alternative to the S800 in my book would be the new TDR heli from Henseleit. Unbelievable stability and smooth flight in any wind plus 120 kph, this is the most awesome heli that I have yet seen in action. That with a Zenmouse on the front would surely be the ultimate.

Well that would be our Henseleit based ZenHeliCam you are talking about. As soon as our 2nd Zenmuse shows up I will start posting about it. :) It can take the Zenmuse or PH gimbals. Its more for heavier camera's but it can carry the smaller ones and comes in 700mm or 800mm versions.

The good thing about Chinese factories is that they have 2 doors. One in front and one in the back. I look forward to the Zen15b gimbal.

Kilby

I'd bet decent money this will cause DJI to drop the price of the s800. Just look at what they did to their F series frames. They cut those prices by more than 50% to stay competitive with the clones.

Now the question is, who is going to be the first to buy one and test it out. ;-)

DennyR

As the hardest part is actually getting your hands on one. It is a sellers market at this moment in time. In a year I bet many things will change price wise. However one does have to look at the saturation level of high end stuff. There is not an endless market out there with big money to spend. We need to watch out for built in redundancy. From a manufacturers point of view these things need to crash now and then !!!!!

If not for development, then to keep the factories churning stuff out.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
this last f450 frame i bought was the rctimer v2. you know how when you build a dji you can put one of the 4 screws into each arm and the rest of the holes line up. well, this one you gotta start all four screws with them all loose just to get them started, then they pull down however. I see there releasing an x-aircraft 650 too

all that said, when the s800 came out if it was a grand i was gonna buy it, when it was double what was hoping i never looked back.

Crazy how targeted this market in particular whatevers popular is against itself from it's own country. i take it even the chineese within themselves don't have copyright laws?

yakjock

As the hardest part is actually getting your hands on one. It is a sellers market at this moment in time. In a year I bet many things will change price wise. However one does have to look at the saturation level of high end stuff. There is not an endless market out there with big money to spend. We need to watch out for built in redundancy. From a manufacturers point of view these things need to crash now and then !!!!!

If not for development, then to keep the factories churning stuff out.

I think the wind or weather in general & inexperienced pilots have been solving the crash dilemma for many years now if the manufactures play that game they are way back in second place!!