Hailing from SoCal

Jay Cee

Hey ya folks.

I have some experience flying the MCPX & Ladybird (got the chance to dabble with the Mini CP for a couple of minutes) and am very excited in getting my hands into FPV multi-rotor systems.

Nice to meet you all. :)

JayC

kloner

Aerial DP
sup jc, if your near the San Diego area make sure to come by and see a few different types go. we fly all over as the seasons change, mostly north county

Sephroth

What's going on? Where in San Diego are you? There are a few good clubs out in east San Diego. I'm out by La Mesa if you want to go flying some time.

Sent from my Galaxy Note via Tapatalk

Jay Cee

sup jc, if your near the San Diego area make sure to come by and see a few different types go. we fly all over as the seasons change, mostly north county

Hey Kloner. Where in SD do you guys fly? I'm from the LAC/OC area (constantly jumping back and forth between the two).

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm in Lakeside, belong to weedwhackers till the end of the year but they didn't particularly like the whole fpv thing out that way, then i went rebel. If your into fpv, like long range fpv then were flying in carlsbad and sorrento. if you like the ama lifestyle, my friends down at Sea World silent fliers are the guys that wrote the rules for fpv for the ama and there out there pretty much daily. They like sunsets when it's not dark at 4:30......

Daves Beach is an amazing place to fly, if the locals let ya. it's not ama, just a place allowed by Carlsbad to fly rc models

It's on the corner of Palomar airport road and the 101 in this area called "carlsbad blvd"

Last edited by a moderator:

Sephroth

I usually fly with the Alpine Aerosquadron in Rancho San Diego. I'm just starting out with fpv using a F550, so far everyone there is pretty open to me flying my fpv there. It is mainly a plank club but they are accepting of me and my Goblin. Lol.

Jay Cee

I'm in Lakeside, belong to weedwhackers till the end of the year but they didn't particularly like the whole fpv thing out that way, then i went rebel. If your into fpv, like long range fpv then were flying in carlsbad and sorrento. if you like the ama lifestyle, my friends down at Sea World silent fliers are the guys that wrote the rules for fpv for the ama and there out there pretty much daily. They like sunsets when it's not dark at 4:30......

Daves Beach is an amazing place to fly, if the locals let ya. it's not ama, just a place allowed by Carlsbad to fly rc models

It's on the corner of Palomar airport road and the 101 in this area called "carlsbad blvd"

Sweet vid! That's a gorgeous view. That's the kind of FPV that I really want to do.

^ That's the kind of stuff that made me want to get into FPV (Although I was never any good with my J3 plane :highly_amused:). For now, I'm planning on sticking to shorter range FPV. Maybe within 1000ft? I don't know too much about FPV stuff yet. Any advice for a FPV noob such as myself? And I don't know what the acronym of ama stands for...XD

Maybe I'll drop by sometime when I'm down there visiting family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Cee

I usually fly with the Alpine Aerosquadron in Rancho San Diego. I'm just starting out with fpv using a F550, so far everyone there is pretty open to me flying my fpv there. It is mainly a plank club but they are accepting of me and my Goblin. Lol.

What FC are you using? :)

Sephroth

Naza w/gps. Going to add a gimbal this Christmas and get some footage of other people flying with my hero3.

Jay Cee

Naza w/gps. Going to add a gimbal this Christmas and get some footage of other people flying with my hero3.

I got a Naza too (no GPS though =[ ). Which Hero3 you getting? Black edition sounds really tempting haha...

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm flying naza gps, Hoverfly pro and cc3d. my friends got alot of APM, another hoverfly pro, one of them weird things boris flies from germany, forget the name.... then theres a whole pile of different plank setups, mostly zephyrs

To go that high takes a plane and a wide open space. That's the kinds of things that gets ya kicked out of ama clubs... hahaha 400 foot ceiling, line of sight witha spotter.

when we meet somewhere, we post about it here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1745028&page=63