Gunters NEW hexacopter build

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Not sure off the top of my head, but Ken recommended it, so it has to be good! I am running 6 x 30A motors off it, last weekend I drained 3 batteries in a row and all was good.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
That the answer:

So for an Hexa no problem with a Octo in certain situations a maybe problem.

Boris

100A for a short burst should be OK. Buut, if you're really dealing
with these kind of current - it might be better to simply use ex.
12AWG wire and make a power spider with connections for each ESC. No
amount of copper is going to help here. That being said.. the worst it
will do is heat up. If you don't plan to hover @ 100A (that would be
crazy anyway), short bursts will not heat up that much. What AWG wire
do you have going to the board? Just make sure your solder joints are
nice and clean and it should be ok. Also doubling the boards would
work, 3 motors per each and some fat wire to batteries. Depends on
your power distribution really.

homer911

I think your right Boris, sticking with the spider is the best bet. I have seen the thread posts about building the spider distribution board and it look pretty straight forward. If I wanted to use LED's, would I need to make an additional leg on the ring to attach the LED's? Would the voltage need to be stepped down for this?

Should I make an extra couple of leg just in case I need to add anything in the future?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I think your right Boris, sticking with the spider is the best bet. I have seen the thread posts about building the spider distribution board and it look pretty straight forward. If I wanted to use LED's, would I need to make an additional leg on the ring to attach the LED's? Would the voltage need to be stepped down for this?

Should I make an extra couple of leg just in case I need to add anything in the future?

You could take an extra feed off it and attach a female connector in case you need it. Then get yourself a 5v ubec to use for the LEDs.

Regards,

Gunter.

wbrown

Gunter, I noticed you are running your batteries separately into the distro board. Is this the same as using a parallel set up?

Will.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Gunter, I noticed you are running your batteries separately into the distro board. Is this the same as using a parallel set up?

Will.

Yes Will. It means I can use either one, or both for the same voltage.

Regards,

Gunter.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Depends on the leds - I put my leds (turnigy) directly off my 45s batteries without a problem. I sense some can take this others probably can't.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!

Attachments

• IMG_20120120_153706.jpg
    IMG_20120120_153706.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 369
  • P1060801.jpg
    P1060801.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 376

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
You could take an extra feed off it and attach a female connector in case you need it. Then get yourself a 5v ubec to use for the LEDs.
How may items could I use from one UBEC? I was thinking of getting some LED's. I wanted about 4 sets, does this mean that I will need 4 UBECS?

Steven
Regards,

Not necessarily. You need to see how many amps the ubec can supply and then see how many amps each set of LED's use. It should be okay because LED's draw relatively low amps. I am running 6 bight LED's and a camera gimbal from my ubec.

Nice revision.

Hacksaw, thanks! In reply to your other post, this is the set I got (I got mine in the UK though)

http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli-prod/XCELL_127/MA127-19.html

Y
ou can google the part number, MA127-19 for other suppliers.

Gunter.

mtec

Hello Guner,
nice Thread... realy ... but i search for the AfroPowerboard for my CX4!
Where can i order this item ?!
Thx a lot..
Marcell from Germany

CineRebel

Got my new 11" props today...they look very small, I hope Ken is right :)

Graupner 11x5 e prop.

Regards,

Gunter.

Hi Gunter

Do you know many amps the afropower board can take? Is it good enough for skyjib 8 with wkn, plettenberg 15-20, hobbywing fly fun 40 opto!?

Thanxs