Group Build 2016, Let's get it on!

uav112

Looks like this one only handles 500ma For VTX. Can not figure out what the other one handles. I usually use 600ma.
and the RedRotorRC-RROSD PRO from ReadyMadeRC
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76_639&products_id=5096
upload_2016-1-26_11-55-17-png.27380

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I haven't looked at video tx power consumption but keep in mind it is easy to just power the vtx via the main battery power via a tap as most vtx will take higher pack voltage where cameras are usually limited to 5 or 12 volt

xXLupusXx

noob but eager to learn
OK, so the kit has arrived from Hongkong and I am ready to take some pictures to share with you later today.

And of course keen to put it together..lol

xXLupusXx

noob but eager to learn

Attachments

• IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0386.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0387.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0390.JPG
    IMG_0390.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 307

Bartman

did the frame plate come with the ESC's already attached? what would you say is the quality of the soldering?

xXLupusXx

noob but eager to learn
Yes, the ESC were attached and the soldering looks pretty solid/clean. The wires could have been aligned a bit better to the center so it would be a bit easier to fit the outriggers/legs. It is doable though.
The motors is a different issue, I cannot find the producer of these motors. Found 1 youtube video in which a guy tested the motors and their balance, tolerances etc and said they are pretty good.
Now, is there anyone out there who has experience with this KKMulticopter Blackboard V5.5 controller ??

I would love to hear some more about it.

Bartman

Thanks Bartman, I learned from you tube about this Forum the Multirotor radio show, Love the show.
you have no idea how much i appreciate you taking the time to actually tell me that! staring into a camera and then watching views accumulate is torture for a guy that likes to plot a course and then go go go! it's torture! a little positive feedback goes a long way though and for that I thank you!

xXLupusXx

noob but eager to learn
My Hexacopter is ready but cannot fly because the darned KKmulticopter controller will not arm.
Googled and found many issues, tried all suggestions but nothing works. Anyone any smart ideas? I would welcome them.

Ande here is a picture of this Totem Q450.View attachment 27427

Attachments

• IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 364

My Hexacopter is ready but cannot fly because the darned KKmulticopter controller will not arm.[/ATTACH]

I had a similar issue previously; turned out the travel values (on the transmitter) were not completely set. Basically, when I'd attempt to ARM (pulling the stick to the lower right) it wasn't registering enough to the right. Was able to adjust the travel values and get it to ARM. This was related to the specific transmitter I was using, however may be your issue too.

Hope this helps.

xXLupusXx

noob but eager to learn
Thanks mate, it might be the problem. How did you adjust the travel value ? I use a Radiolink T6EHP-E.

On my old Dynam radio, there was a knob that allowed for some fine tuning. This was an old radio that I had laying around and unsure how you would accomplish the same on a different radio.

Thanks mate, it might be the problem. How did you adjust the travel value ? I use a Radiolink T6EHP-E.

xXLupusXx

noob but eager to learn
Can anyone tell me what would be the best controller at this moment for a hexacopter intended for aerial video/photography. I intend to upgrade from this KKmulticopter board but do not know what to choose. I am not into racing or FPV but would like GPS, trip planning and follow-me mode if possible.
Any advise would be appreciated

xXLupusXx

noob but eager to learn
And.....I got it working! Found a youtube movie from some Indian chaps who explained in detail how to calibrate the ESC and to arm the board. It is different than what the friggin manual says. But it works now.
I am happy and cannot wait for the weather to clear up to take her out for a spin.

Can anyone tell me what would be the best controller at this moment for a hexacopter intended for aerial video/photography.

I had and really liked Naza. I am selling my setup (Naza V2, PMU, LED, GPS, S-OSD) as I am going more into FPV Racing. If you're interested in my Naza let me know.