Group Build 2016, Let's get it on!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it's called a group build a bunch of you (aka a 'group') might want to follow along and build your first FPV quad as I build mine. we will answer each others' questions, encourage each other to do our best, and give each other a lot of praise when it's all done. it'll sort of be like a hare krishna (or AA, FWIW) meeting now that i think about it. lol

Hoki

Cuz I'm getting ready ready to solder my xt60 connector onto my board and I just got the shower a bit ago

FLJim

Thanks for pinning the thread Bart! I'm in...just ordered an F450 kit from MultiRotorMania.com. I probably won't use the FC that comes with it because I want to go with a setup that has GPS, but the rest looked like a good deal. Looking forward to getting this platform built and then moving into the FPV gear.

FLJim

OK. I think I have everything order except the FPV gear. I want to get the platform flying while the build gets going and do some research on FPV gear. Plus...I'm close to be tapped for a bit and don't want to have to go cheap on the FPV gear when the time comes. ;)

F450 Quad
Tarot FC w/GPS and OSD

I will report back in as I get the platform built and flying along with any information or questions I have about the FPV.

FLJim

F450 built! The Tarot FC was pretty straight forward to get setup and flying. I'm amazed at how much quieter the bigger quad is than my 250! The 250 sounds like a swarm of angry bees...the 450 sounds like a gentle giant in comparison. I'll hold off on the FPV gear until I either get my bonus work (fingers crossed) or tax return. Until then I will work on learning my radio a bit more and figuring out the mode of the FC.

Alright. I'm on board. I have lots of RTF's, BNF's, ARF's, etc etc. Ready to build one.

Definitely want to try the Naze32 Full.
I have an older GoPro I got off ebay (hero 3?) I believe I can use this as my FPV cam? Not sure what video transmitter works with that.
I think I'm going to do the TBS Discovery frame.. Took a peak and it looks pretty sweet! Core looks cool too.

No clue what motors or ESC's...

I want to do some LED strips, or headlight/taillight setup. I love flying at night.

Last edited by a moderator:

willie56

Ok, ill hop on the bus, what do you think about the xj 470 foldable frame, i was looking through some of the posts on MRF and it sounds not too bad, had some issues but that was with the early versions, 2 years ago, so they should be resolved by now. what are your thoughts.

xXLupusXx

noob but eager to learn
I am on board, frame and parts ordered. Now waiting for delivery. Should be here in about 10 days.
I look forward to work with you guys.