Group Build 2014, DJI NAZA/F450 Quadcopter!

hi everyone,

sorry for the long delay in getting out the next video, it was to happen saturday and then I woke up to a travel assignment for work so i'm away from my shop for the next few days.

anyone in tokyo want to do some flying? :nevreness: any good hobby shops in the city?
I'm not in Tokyo but my stuff is on the way. www.helidirect.com had a 15% off Black Friday deal going. The DJI F450/NAZA M GPS, with 4000mah 4s battery and Futaba 8FG are on the way.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm not in Tokyo but my stuff is on the way. www.helidirect.com had a 15% off Black Friday deal going. The DJI F450/NAZA M GPS, with 4000mah 4s battery and Futaba 8FG are on the way.

glad to hear it! i'm really sorry for the slow pace of things but i'm back home and will get the next video up before the end of the weekend.

bart

sledge57

Looks like I'm in on this too, I just ordered an F550 ARF that comes with extra goodies that I don't plan to install right away but the price seemed good to me so I jumped on it.

My kit includes:

I may be wanting to swap motors so I'll also be looking at the motors you're planning to use.

Eventually I'll mount the gimbal and buy a GoPro but not now.

Doug

PS I just found this and hopefully it'll help with the NAZA Lite vs V1 and V2 questions.

NAZA-info_zpseefe16cf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mojave

Wow I got my F550 kit today from Aerial Media Pros; the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal and Naza v2 were part of the package. I got batteries, charger, and a Futaba T14SG as well.
I am all tooled up and ready to start the build. Looking forward to the next steps Bart.

Mojave

sledge57

The kit I bought included the DJI F550 (hex) and all the hardware plus the Zenmuse Gopro 2 axis gimbal with the Naza v2 for $939. This is a standard promotional price. You can get kits without the Naza or Gimabl for a bit over $300.

Here is the link: http://aerialmediapros.com/store/na...h3-2d-flamewheel-550-wlanding-skid-combo.html

To anyone interested, I ordered the same thing from "Build Your Own Drone" in the UK (I'm in the US)

I got it for $743 US after PayPal added their fees for foreign funds. Still waiting so I'll let you know when I get it. I realize buying from the UK may be a crap shoot so we'll see what happens. From what I can tell from their site my order has shipped so we'll see....

I should have just paid by CC and avoided the Paypal fees (would have saved ~$100), but I wasn't thinking at the time.

Supposed to have 3 left in stock

http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/...imbal-F550-p/dji-naza-m-v2-gps-h3-2d-f550.htm

punkindrublik

MultiRotorMania.com
I think it is a 2.4g FASST system....but there must be differences with the compatible receivers?

Maybe different ranges?

Thanks for your input.. (and ty for replying to a total newbie!)

Gotta start somewhere! (I'm a newbie to quads, just not RC ;) )

Most receivers are designated as full-range or for park-flying. You definitely want a full-range Rx. Beyond that, the range for the most part is determined by the transmitter, not the receiver. While some may have more sensitive antennas, you'll be able to fly your aircraft further than your eyes will let you (with full range receivers).

That being said, any Futaba Fasst Rx will work. I personally use FrSky equipment due to the rock solid link they have a reputation for, and the price factor is a big plus. Tons of FPVers use their equipment exclusively.

Pleiades

Gotta start somewhere! (I'm a newbie to quads, just not RC ;) )

Most receivers are designated as full-range or for park-flying. You definitely want a full-range Rx. Beyond that, the range for the most part is determined by the transmitter, not the receiver. While some may have more sensitive antennas, you'll be able to fly your aircraft further than your eyes will let you (with full range receivers).

That being said, any Futaba Fasst Rx will work. I personally use FrSky equipment due to the rock solid link they have a reputation for, and the price factor is a big plus. Tons of FPVers use their equipment exclusively.

Whats the difference with the one you recommended and this one?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...FR6_7ch_2_4Ghz_Receiver_FASST_Compatible.html
Obviously the end pins....but whats the go there?

Dezy

Should I order one extra motor as a spare for the quad? I'm following Bart's recommendation of the MT 2216-12 motors for the F450.

What are the chances of needing to replace a motor and Tiger not making that model anymore?

I'm assuming that one normally doesn't mix motor models or brands on a MR.

Thanks in advance!

COMike93yj

Still Building!
What is going on here with the group build? Only 3 days till i can build mine :) I an so looking forward to it.
Regards
Crispy

Not entirely certain Crisp Image.....I have elected to go the F450 route and am ordering some of the parts now. I did a ton of research on frames/controllers etc and have found that the F450 is right up my alley! I am not going with the NAZA FC though....I will be using the KK2.1 for a couple of reasons. I need to do this on the cheap for now and I am a brand new MR pilot so I would hate to mess up an expensive FC while still learning to fly. The other reason is that it is supposedly one of the easiest FC's to set up.

sledge57

Don't know either but I'm starting mine tonight or tomorrow. Got my lipos last night and that was the last thing I needed. I do have some different motors coming but I'm going to use the stock DJI 2212's first, then swap in the Sunnysky 2216-11 900kv I ordered and see the difference. The gimbal will wait a while till I get everything sorted out.

My-HEX_zps5a631d79.jpg

We are going to build the 450 on Christmas day and then in the new year my soon wants to try buildinga tricoptor just for fun. Not sure motors I well be using yet but will most likely use a kk fc.
Fun days ahead!

I'm in and built. Already crashed once :) Broke one arm just before the motor mount when I switched from ATTI to Manual without adding enough throttle. For you/us noobs, when hovering or flying level and you switch to manual -- add throttle first! Mine is the F450, stock DJI motors, NAZA V2/GPS. Pulse 4S 4100mAH. Trying the 8" and their 10" props and just experimented with some APC 9x4.7 props. Not sure about my conclusions yet, but I get just under 15 min. flying it modestly with a 90% charge using the 8" stock props and my total weight is 1688 grams. Futaba 8FG Super. Added two of the IrisAerial Batwings, one in front for the GoPro Hero2 and one in back for the GPS and to stick other stuff on.

After this photo I added the IrisAerial legs and have the GoPro hanging down now. Balance is better and the props are out of the view of the camera. The LEDs are single unit 9-LED 12v "corn lights" (371000030) powered by a UBEC (12V45AUBEC). Each draws 1.8 watts and I'm going to get smaller ones (maybe 5-LED). Each is mounted in a plug-in socket (371000075-0). Those are HobbyKing part numbers.

This photo was taken near dusk on an overcast day.
View attachment 15221

Attachments

• DSC_0385.jpg
    DSC_0385.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 478

HDG

I am be a little late to the party but I am interested in also building my first multirotor
I have read all the post and plan to watch the videos over the next few days and then start purchasing all of the gear !!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I apologize for being delinquent in my party-hosting duties. I'm glad some of you are following through with the build and making good progress. My schedule is hectic through Christmas day but I'm hoping to be back at this shortly thereafter. There's an unbuilt F450 on my bench too!

Bart