GPS Issue

DCC

Hi,
i got the GPS module today installed it and made test fligts.When iam in Posion hold mode it holds posion 4 some time. But at some point it starts circle around. Slowly the diamter of the circels are getting bigger untill i corret with the remote and it all starts again.

I think i have problems with the GPS posion setting in the setup.How do find the center of grafity piont.And also the manuel its not 100% percise in posioning the gps. in top figuer it shows C.G and M.C in the picture(Horizonal setup) and in 2nd drawing it(vertical setup) only C.G. ist shown.It all confuses me. Pls. Explain detailed how to messure X,Y,Z value on Monting tab.
TY

cones

Hi, Have you calibrated the compass? Mine was doing this until I did the calibration. Now it works really well.

HTH

Mark

CG is your center of gravity. MC is the naza control unit. the green lines are neg measurement and red are positive. z is the height differenct from where the MC is located. GPS unit has a small arrow on it on the outside of the circle it is where the wire comes into the unit this needs to point straight twards the front of the craft or it will never fly right!

You also need to calibrate the compass. When you power up start with your toggle switch in the GPS atti mode switch it back and forth from GPS atti to manual 6-10 times fairly quick and stop in gps mode where you started the led light will turn yellow. Hold your craft at arms length and start to turn 360 oneh way at a medium speed the light will turn green, then turn your craft on it's side and turn again the light will go out when it is done. Thats it!

Hope it works

dbraid

I have been through this entire process to no avail. The quad just keeps going into increased circles until it becomes quite fast and unstable.

Compass calibration seems to help a little but even a slight breeze seems to get things moving.

At a loss at this stage.

AEA737

GPS unit has a small arrow on it on the outside of the circle it is where the wire comes into the unit this needs to point straight twards the front of the craft or it will never fly right!

Thanks for this remark! I was installing the GPS unit backwards and I was having a hard time controlling it in GPS ATT. Will try it later correctly positioned.

My GPS antenna is to the left, above the MC, and slightly behind the MC. So all my X, Y and Y measurements should be NEGATIVE. Am I right? I´m having a hard time sometimes understanding chinglis translated to spanish;-)

Thanks

View attachment 4789

Attachments

• F550 GPS.jpg
    F550 GPS.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 203