Hoverfly got ppm?

kloner

Aerial DP
I use long range rc uhf systems and that's there version of sbus........ 3 wires or 10,,,, hmmmmm

DSC00918_795.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

I use EZUHF as well, one thing I've done to reduce the wire clutter is to use single leads from the rx to the HF board instead of 3 wire leads. I use the 3 wire lead on the throttle channel to provide power to the rx but single leads on the rest.

But yes, I would like a nice clean PPM connection as well ;)

guy1a

in the sm maxi swift i used this method of single 3 wire for the throttle and only the signals for the rest of the channels.

in the Zii i use PPM .. so much less mess ...

the Naza has problems with that .. as far as my experiקnce goes ...

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, you can do it like that, it's just still a mess

no ppm
008z%20%281024x768%29_595.jpg

with ppm
031%20%281024x768%29_595.jpg

Gonna go through wiring it in, but if it aint amazing to fly, i'll move on over it.

Caju

But that´s not a HF PRO, can you do that on HF Pro; just connect the signal cable to all Ports, and to the throttle signal + and -

guy1a

But that´s not a HF PRO, can you do that on HF Pro; just connect the signal cable to all Ports, and to the throttle signal + and -

i had it with dragon link uhf system .. it is the same.
all the rx are the same.
the + and - are connected in the rx, it does not matter if you connect single + / - or all of them.

it does matter in a plane if you do not have an auto pilot. and connect the servos directly to the rx .. they need the power from the tx.
but for a quad .. it does not matter ...

Photronix

Pilot
There is some confusion. On the HFP you still need at least the signal wire from each channel of the RX to the HFP. I believe the original question was can you use PPM? or a single wire connection like SBUS. We have talked about it but there are more important things on our development schedule. We just didn't see eliminating a few RX connections to be a must have. In addition, some of the bus type connections use proprietary and in some cases would require a license to use. Easy for the Chinese or a project controller but we have to consider this when integrating with other hardware.

kloner

Aerial DP
ppm isn't proprietary and every strand of wire is huge to a long range fpv guy. So much so a frame i use specificaly for this puts the rx wires into traces on the frame to eliminate it all. Makes them go further, lower, with less interference
007%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

I'm thinking i'll revisit hoverfly later as a FC. It doesn't sound ready for kloner. Thanks for everything

Stacky

kloner, the hfp target customer is the AP user. Everything they have done firmware wise has been with the AP user in mind. Thats who they target on their website.

kloner

Aerial DP
Noticed, followed bart in here, i'm not feeling it......

I've got other controllers i'm thinking will work better for what i want to do.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm just thinking that trying to fly this thing a hundred miles an hour with a gimble might not get the support i'll need, not AP and all..... They sound busy

Stacky

I dont know, depends what you are filming, there is always going to be a need for high speed filming so its something FC manufacturers probably need to give some thought to.