GoPro Orientation Sensative Banding

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
I flew a test flight today after installing some silicone vibration dampening mounts from AeroXcraft. The results were measurably better except when the ship (camera) was pointed within a few degrees of directly at my position. When aimed at me the GoPro video showed discernable translucent horizontal banding (not jello). Once the ship was aimed a few degrees away from my position the banding went away. I'm using a typical 2.4 gig TX/RX setup. There is a satelite receiver mounted about four inches above the camera. The GoPro is internally powered and not electically conected to the air frame or any other mounted electronics. There is no FVP or OSD equipment on board. Any clues on what the cause may be? Suggestions?

In this clip the horizontal appears at the beginning:

Last edited by a moderator:

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
thats the shadow of the props

Yep - I reviewed the vid again and the trigger is the sun angle, not my position. Another lesson learned, thanks for the help. I wonder if switching from 3S 10" props to 4S 8" and/or moving the camera further forward would help reduce that effect?

Jon

kloner

Aerial DP
i tried finding some of my early recordings with this cause i used to get it alot with the right sun angle, but noticed the last 3 months or so it kinda went away. added that polarfilter thing too, not sure of that or the way the quads are shaped that i changed to made it stop. i run spider quads with 9" props with "out of view" props like my avatar