GoPro ISO - wire frame isolation for GoPro and other jello monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezemont

After staring slackjawed at Sketchup for countless hours and inhaling way too many ABS fumes, I finally came up with a winner.
Wire rope isolation designed with the camera in mind and flexible (ha!) mounting options.

1) The ClikIt ISO $24 shipped

This modular design utilizes the GoPro quick release clip system with a redesigned male quick-release bolted on the bottom
and multiple options on top including the GoPro stick on female clip, and #6-32 captured nut/hexhead bolt option in the center.
This one is also available with a 1/4-20 tripod size captured nut/bolt option instead of the bottom clip. This works well with the RAM ball mount system.

18 grams with bottom clip

P1010633.JPG

P1010617.JPG

P1010647.JPG

Bottom view

P1010602.JPG

(note: this does NOT come with the female stick on GoPro clip. They are pretty cheap on eBay.)

2) The Bareback ISO $20 shipped

Designed for those who like to go light and risky!
Multiple mounting options include:
4 x 3mm captured hex in a 45X16mm pattern
Either #6-32 or 1/4-20 captured hex - I can mix these so you have one on either side.

20 grams

P1010639.JPG

P1010642.JPG

P1010630.JPG

P1010646.JPG

3) The HuskyHex ISO $20 shipped

This is heavy-duty hex-shaped has 6 captured #6-32 hex and either 1/4-20 or #6-32 in the middle.
Works well for larger cameras.
30mm diameter
24 grams

P1010629.JPG

P1010624.JPG

Strength test:

strength_test.jpg

Here's the result.
First flight with GoPro hard mounted, second flight with ClikIt ISO

PLEASE NOTE:
These are hand-crafted and 3d printed items and as such are prone to cosmetic blemishes and subtle differences. I haven't figured out how to make a machine that can put them together yet... :D

PM for PayPal info.

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
I received mine last night (heavy hex version) and I've got to say for what you get it's well worth it. I like his gopro clicky mount better than the gopro version, it seems more pliable. Thanks Ray!
p.s.-nice company name:tennis:

Breezemont

Thanks Tom.
Let's see some video! I'm anxious to see how it works for you.

My GF and I discussed the possibility that the name might be a little... un-pc as they say.
Decided not to worry about it. :afro:

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

Ordered one middle of last week, got it today via priority mail. Took about 5 minutes to put it together - will be mounted and footage recorded tomorrow. Thank you Mr Breezemont for the awesome service. Can wait to give it a try, its first mission will be on a snow mobile though, not a heli.

Breezemont

Ordered one middle of last week, got it today via priority mail. Took about 5 minutes to put it together - will be mounted and footage recorded tomorrow. Thank you Mr Breezemont for the awesome service. Can wait to give it a try, its first mission will be on a snow mobile though, not a heli.
Cool!
If the softer wire I sent doesn't handle the high speed stuff well enough, I have some stiffer wire that probably will. It's galvanized (read:cheap) derailleur cable from the bike shop and quite a bit stiffer than the woven SS wire.
Looking forward to the video.

SMP

Just opened the package after ordering one of each(shipping was lightning fast, thx!). Have to be honest mate, would have strongly preferred these come assembled, organized into separate zips and a video for each (other than the single bareback) and/or illustration detailing the lacing. All of which is actually fine but first impressions... I'm genuinely looking forward to these and the results :)

kloner

Aerial DP
Breeze, how can I run one of these on the photo higher cx111 gopro gimbal?

Love the look of Hero filmed on the wire.

Breezemont

Just opened the package after ordering one of each(shipping was lightning fast, thx!). Have to be honest mate, would have strongly preferred these come assembled, organized into separate zips and a video for each (other than the single bareback) and/or illustration detailing the lacing. All of which is actually fine but first impressions... I'm genuinely looking forward to these and the results :)
Sorry about that Steve. I made it clear on the RCG thread that these would be kits requiring some assembly, but when I tried to change this one I discovered I can't edit any of my posts on this forum. Bart has been looking into it but it's not fixed yet.
TBH, I have gotten only a couple of responses here, and I've been swamped by RCG so I basically forgot about this ad.
I did update the included instructions after it was mentioned by someone else, you just got the old stuff. Hope it wasn't too much trouble for you.

Breezemont

Breeze, how can I run one of these on the photo higher cx111 gopro gimbal?

Love the look of Hero filmed on the wire.
It looks to me like you could use a tripod style bolt in the middle?
If so you could use any of them, but the Barebak would give you the most flexibility with camera mounting options. You can either strap the camera on bare, or mount a GoPro tripod mount on the top and bolt on the clear case.
I'm using the 1/4-20 bolt hole on the bottom of the Pro in this picture:
View attachment 9601

Attachments

• P1010790.JPG
    P1010790.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 409

kloner

Aerial DP
Does that screw up the height the cam is mounted versus how the gimbal pivots? Like by a lot? How tall is that? What's the shortest one you got?

Breezemont

Does that screw up the height the cam is mounted versus how the gimbal pivots? Like by a lot? How tall is that? What's the shortest one you got?
The issue is the wire loops have to be loose enough to absorb vibrations, so it varies. Probably about an inch and a quarter is as low as you'll be able to get.

Can a naked hero go on one of these?
Yep - the Barebak is designed just for that.

View attachment 9604

Attachments

• P1010639.JPG
    P1010639.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 260

tstrike

pendejo grande
thanks, my pockets aren't very deep and I've got to share the pod with a hex, makes it easier to switch over.

Status
Not open for further replies.