GoPro 4 Hero Black with DJI H3-2D and H3-3D gimbals

Tahoe Ed

When the GP4 is recording in 4K and the higher bit rate 2.7K the HDMI is slowed from 1080 to 480. Right now Lightbridge does not recognize that. If you are on a non-lightbridge system and the v2 H3-3D you will have no problem as the video out is analog.

rilot

Has anyone got any sills from the new GoPro cameras? I'm interested in the new Protune modes for still images. Any pictures straight out of the camera would be useful to me.

mysteryman

Just a quick follow up to my own question above. I have now got both the video and mini osd working from my H3-3D V1 gimbal with the gopro4. To cut a long story short I connected a video out cable via the usb port on the gp4 and joined this to the video-in cables on the mini osd. I then attached the video-out cables from the mini osd to the video-in cables on my Immersion TX. So far its working as expected with video and osd data to the monitor!

I am having the exact same problem. I have the DJI AVL58 TX system. What cable did you use? Can you post a picture? Thanks.

Digitalhustler

All you need to do to get live you working on either gimbal is connect the original go pro LCD to the back in order to activate the back connector. Once that's done live you will work on either gimbal. Sorry if this has been said already

RoryG

I'm experiencing poorer live view video quality with the Hero 4 black on H3-3D Zenmuse than with Hero 3+ in the same gimbal.

I'm using a TS832 VTX on the craft and a Black Pearl RPSMA monitor. Signal is glitching when just a few feet away from the craft. Problem appears worse in PAL format.

What's interesting is that results differ between NTSC and PAL formats (changing both Hero 4 and monitor Rx correspondingly)

Upgrading the latest GP Hero 4 firmware (14 Oct 2014) seems to have improved things marginally but the signal is nowhere near as consistent as with Hero 3+ with all other components equal. Anti-interference filter is in place on the Phantom 2

The gimbal is reasonably well balanced. Video output is via ribbon cable to USB port on the Hero 4 thus the gimbal is the newer type.

Glitching occurs inconsistently between every second to 20 seconds. Feint horizontal lines travelling down the screen are also evident. Output quality from my Hero3+ in the same H3-3D gimbal is much better.

Is anyone else experiencing this or similar problems?

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? Just installed the H3-3D and Hero4 black on my 900 hex and I'm getting the same issue. Not tried NTSC yet, but this would affect my post workflow which is at 25fps.

I thought it was the gimbal causing the issue as I still get the glitching in the iOSD display with the Hero4 mounted but not connected, but doesn't do it at all with my Hero3; must be interference from the Hero4 itself...

Cheers,

Rory

Tahoe Ed

For those of you with issues, DJI previewed the H4-3D for the Hero 4 at CES. You will have a solution to your problems soon.

I have a several problems with a H3-3D and a GoPro 4 Silver with a IOSDII and NazaV2. What little I can find on the H4-3D says mid February availability . Anything that can be done in the interim?

Ed: When I connect to the GP4S with the gimbal cable/usb connection I can not manually start recording until I power cycle it. If I disconnect the cable that comes with the gimbal and use the RMRC cable direct tot he IOSDII I can manually record but nothing is fed to the IOSDII. Next weather break I will test with no cable as I had strange intermittent excursions to the right while testing with the cables. Hard to find any doc on video out from a H3-3D/GP4 to any other DJI components other than a Phantom.

Ed:
Managed a short in flight test today and saw intermittent excursions to both to the right and the left. Had no output video cables connected just wanted to see if the gimbal would work as a gimbal.
To recap I have record mode/power issues and no video out to IOSD when using the supplied usb cable from the gimbal. When I replace the usb cable from the gimbal with a separate stand alone usb cable directly to the IOSDII the record issues go away but no video to the IOSDII. Need some sort of guidance from DJI about how connect to Non Phantom DJI components like IOSDII or mini iosd with video output from the H3-3D/GP4S. All I see in the new GP4 is text stating they are addressing the unique weight differences and nothing about what to expect concerning video out to other DJI non Phantom components.

seagee

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? Just installed the H3-3D and Hero4 black on my 900 hex and I'm getting the same issue. Not tried NTSC yet, but this would affect my post workflow which is at 25fps.

I thought it was the gimbal causing the issue as I still get the glitching in the iOSD display with the Hero4 mounted but not connected, but doesn't do it at all with my Hero3; must be interference from the Hero4 itself...

Cheers,

Rory
Have learnt to live with this. Live view to the monitor still works - just not quite as well as with H3+ . Footage to SD is unaffected and gimbal is jitter free. I wait with interest to see whether the new GoPro firmware due for release in Feb will improve the situation.

Ed: The posts I have seen says there is nothing different about the H43D than balancing and possibly firmware. Is there anything available showing what should work in terms of video out between a GP4 and H3-3d or is the expectation everyone just upgrade to a H4-3D.

The H4-3D info on the DJI site says GoPro 4 Black with no mention of Silver. Any chance we could get a clarification on that?
Also any chance of finding out what power is sent from the the H3-3D Gimbal controller to gimbal and on to the GoPro via the usb cable? If I connect the USB cable to my GoPro 4S from the gimbal it powers up the camera so power is being sent. The doc for the IOSDII I am using says on 6s system like mine the IOSDII will send 11.2 volts to the Gimbal control unit via the plug in cable but I have not connected the power lead on the cable because I am not sure of the effect of 11.2v on the gimbal control unit or the Go Pro.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Gulf pilot

Hello Guys,
I need a hand here;

i've Phantom2+ios mini+immerson fpv, every thing is working good with h2-3d and GP3+, once i replaced it with h3-3d v2 i can't get video signal at all on my monitor (not even the IOS display) ,,, i don't know what is wrong with the gimbal, it doesn't seem faulty as it moves quite good when i shake the copter with my hands.
i tried it with both GP3+ and GP4black , same results.

what is your tips for this case ,
thanks in advance