GoPro 3+ Black and H3 2D

deluge2

No it's not the same, but the device itself is the same size, within a gram of the same weight and the physical layout of components and controls is the same. Differences include redesigned lens with claimed improvements, revised guts that offer some new capabilities and longer battery life. Battery capacity is also slightly higher, without change in dimensions or weight. There are plenty of reviews with the details. Whether the differences are worth the difference in cost vs. the H3 is open to debate. Depends on what you value.

Steve

Thanks.
So the 3+ black is the same as the 3 Black just the waterproof housing is smaller and lighter.

Rainman

Whether the differences are worth the difference in cost vs. the H3 is open to debate. Depends on what you value.

Steve

Hmmm, the prices I've seen for the H3+ are the same as the original prices for the H3 ... unless you're referring to newly discounted H3 prices?

deluge2

Yes, 3 is now discounted to sell off the remaining stock. The value question for those with no H3 is which to get (3 or 3+), if either.
If the prices were the same, the decision would be pretty easy to make...with a discount you have to look at a trickier value proposition. I got the 3+.

Steve

Hmmm, the prices I've seen for the H3+ are the same as the original prices for the H3 ... unless you're referring to newly discounted H3 prices?