Going to make my first quadcopter - I need some help

Just make sure your weights are correct with all the components - and that it equals that 1400 grams.

Ultimately you want to have throttle at 50% - try slapping 4S battery in there and see how it effects it.
Hmm. Yes. The throttle went from 60% to around 30%. Thought something else failed as "max. power over the limit of the motor. Please check the max. power limits defined by the manufacturer". The "Electric power" got over the limit. I tried with another motors (SunnySky 980kv) and the same thing happened.

Edit - I tried again now, it seems to work. :S
Thought the throttle is on 34%. That might be worse then having it on 60%, right?

eCalc with 3s battery:
http://i.imgur.com/ugazjQP.png

eCalc with 4s battery:
http://i.imgur.com/T4L5HU8.png

Well, comparing:
- Can take more weight with a 4s battery. (Almost 1000 g more).
- Less flight time with a 4s battery. (Two minutes less, 3.6 minutes).
- Motor is up to 11437 rpm with 4s battery in optimum efficiency, only at 8660 with 3s battery.
- Throttle is at 34% with a 4s battery, while on 60% with a 3s battery.

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjT2PJAHegk

It is pretty similar to this quadcopter. He says he can get 10-15 flight time depending on how he fly. The quadcopter in the video have (and in brackets my set up).

• Reptile 500 V3 Frame. (Same)
  • 4x Turnigy 2217 16 turn 1050kv 23A Outrunner. (I might get Tiger Motors 900kv)
  • Props 10x5 Aeronauts Carbon Props. (Props in about the same size)
  • 4x Turnigy Plush 20A ESCs. (Afro ESC 30A)
  • 5000 mAh 4s 35/70c. (4000 mAh 3s 25/35c)

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If you swap to the sunnysky 700kv with 4S you'll get 49% throttle with about 15min estimated hover time. You just have to try out different parts that are available to you until something makes the most sense.

Check out other builds - that will take a lot of the guess work out of All this.

If you swap to the sunnysky 700kv with 4S you'll get 49% throttle with about 15min estimated hover time. You just have to try out different parts that are available to you until something makes the most sense.

Check out other builds - that will take a lot of the guess work out of All this.
I am not sure that I have the weight right. I put 1436g into the model weight. In this I included the battery, ESCs, motors, flight controller, frame, props, tx module and power distribution borard. Should I skip the battery even if I have chosen "incl. drive" in it?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I am not sure that I have the weight right. I put 1436g into the model weight. In this I included the battery, ESCs, motors, flight controller, frame, props, tx module and power distribution borard. Should I skip the battery even if I have chosen "incl. drive" in it?

No, include drive is complete AUW. So battery should be included.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Ok. Thanks. If I have without drive, what can I exclude? :p

Nothing can be excluded. Without drive means it will calculate weight based on the components (see the weight listed for each???). After the calculation you will see in lower right column a "additional payload" number. That will account for the additional weight you can haul (FC, gimbal, camera etc).