Gimble Controller

Well I did it and bought a $50.00 gimble off of E-Bay - it has two brushless motors and a BGC 2.0 controller. Right out of the box it powers up and slowly starts to point downward. I made sure the go pro was perfectly balanced as the instructions say. I am thinking the board came out of alignment or something. I saw replacement boards which are BGC 3.1 on E-bay too. Are these all interchangable? I just want a nice gimble that can work independantly from the on board flight controller. Any help is always appreciated.

Actually tried but having one heck of a time getting the software to download. Think I need a driver or something. I read these things come rightout of the box working perfectly. If a replacement controller board will fix it, I will just replace it. If someone has the links for the software and drivers, I'll try that too...

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
If it's a BGC based off alexmos, just download the latest Alexmos GUI and you should be ready to go.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Iread these things come rightout of the box working perfectly

Unfortunately none of these actually work perfectly out of the box. In my experience, even the more expensive gimbals/controllers need some fine tuning.

Best to follow Sleepy's advice and get the alexmos GUI going - and get familiar with it. That's if it's an alexmos board.

The drivers can be tricky to get working. Are you on Windows? Which version?