Gimbal Servos Are Jerky

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
I just finished the build and install of an AeroXcraft GoPro gimbal. I'm using two Hitech 5065MG servos along with the Naza gimbal gain and speed controls. I have upgraded to the latest Naza firmware and have set the Gimbal HZ output to 200, the spec for the Hitech 5065s. The servos are not nearly as smooth as I thought they would be. The jerkiness is clearly visible as the servos work to keep the camera in position. AeroXcraft recommends powering the gimbal servos at 6V using a UBEC. I have not done that yet, but will in a couple days when I have the F550 partially apart for other reasons. (FPV/OSD stuff is arriving - yey!) Will the switch from 4.8 to 6 volts help smooth the servos? Is the jerkiness the nature of the beast and as good as at gets at an inexpensive level? Is there some other fixable cause that I have overlooked?

Thanks,

Jon

kloner

Aerial DP
voltage is a pretty big deal. i had horrible jerkiness and got it to where with post stab can almost clean it up totaly unnoticeable. i have the digital hitec too, i tried messing with dead bands, tried slowing it down, only thing that worked for mine was hv servos with 6v, had tried 7, tried 8, tried 5 and saw an improvement then hit it with 6 and even in hand could tell that was the winner, it moved smoother. had a rubber band hanging off it and it stopped jerking around,,, it was just right. A bec is pretty important from what i'm told,,,, brownouts suck