Gimbal Jitters.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
there is a servo refresh rate setting that's 400, 200, something and 50

Oh yes now I remember. But I thought you had to set the servo refresh rate based on the Hz of the servo. Can your servos handle such a high refresh rate? I got the SAZOX SH-0255 before the servo frequency update came out from DJI. To my disappointment I discovered the SAVOX SH-0255 have a refresh rate of only 70. I've set my Naza servo refresh rate to 100, I'm afraid to go beyond that incase I burn the servo out. I was thinking about the DS95i servos, but they are not cheep. Do you think setting the frequency rate too high might burn out the servo?

kloner

Aerial DP
a dash of post stab on that and your done...... looks great. when you have software that does that, it'll usually also crop, that 960 crops out to 720p perfectly

a944734

True, a little Mercalli is miraculous. Left this untouched on purpose to be able to see how smooth they become at 400 Hz as opposed to the crappy 50 Hz

kloner

Aerial DP
did you try any other refresh rates? i never did. with my particular setup messing with servo voltage made a huge difference. Each .1 volt i moved it totaly acted different. Everything else except the refresh thing didn't do squat..... the full hitec servo programmer... deadband increase was worse. slowing down, even more so.

I have a 4.8 .06 futaba bls to try again now the refresh rates are there...... on 50hz it fluttered something fierce

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
I'm not sure how the NAZA gimbal outputs can get by without a digital/analog setting. All the gyros I have owned (tail and/or FBL control on helis) have either had a digital/analog selector pin switch, a similar software setting option, or they came matched with a specific servo. Using an analog servo on a digital output gyro can burn up the servo, and the opposite match causes a jerky servo response. Near as I can tell the Naza destruction PDF makes no mention of gimbal servo analog versus digital preferences. At the least one would think that the NAZA manual would specify the servo type required. Curious...

Added: I was setting up a GY401 on a heli and the digital tail servo was very rough. You could feel and see the arm jerking through the range. I noticed that the digital/analog pin switch was set to incorrectly at analog. Once the gyro was set to digital the servo became ultra smooth and much faster. Thinking about that, my gimbal Hitech 5065s are behaving like digital servos receiving an analog signal.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
when you choose 50hz, it is the same thing as hitting the analog pin, when you make it any higher, it is like hitting the digital pin...... but it's more fine tunable than that. when you get into higher end fbl units this is the same way they diferentiate what servo you got. usually it is 333 or 400hz though..... never seen these other numbers they got for an option, must be the heli servos that come like that specificaly.

mine pretty smoth, but it's still got a this or that angle look, probably like you describe. i'm told that's why they offer a zenmuse. naza is a hobby thing

ebourlet

Naza needs to do something with their firmware. I have tried all servo drive frequencies and the gimbal disconnected when I move the naza the servo is not smooth. I do this same test on a multiwii controller and it works fine. For what Naza jdi charges it should work at least as well as a $26 board. I have tried both analog and digital servos same symptom on all. Works sooth on the MultiWii and jittery or jumps on the NAZA. Check all over the internet this is a common problem with the NAZA. Anyone ever have any luck with their customer support?