GH4 on GH3 Zenmuse

jimska

Anybody had any experience with this?I know the GH4 fits the Zenmuse but what about the HDMI out, is there an adapter that fits and works?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
are you saying you've identified a potential problem with using the GH4 on the GH3 Zenmuse in that the HDMI connector won't reach or isn't compatible with the GH4?

bart

Warmupper

main problem is, that GH4 Output the setting you selected for recording. Since the internal Zenmuse HDMI converter only supports interlaced settings, there is no way to get progressive formats from GH4 through the converter. So you can use AVCHD 50i only, with the internal converter. We are using a HD Downlink transmitting progressiv and interlaced signals.

Hi Bart, I'm also interested in comitting to the GH4 and the zenmuse -- but I'm being told it's not compatible out of the boxes. Do you have different information?

are you saying you've identified a potential problem with using the GH4 on the GH3 Zenmuse in that the HDMI connector won't reach or isn't compatible with the GH4?

bart

Warmupper

GH4 fit in GH3 Zenmuse without modification. But there is still the Problem with the converter, I posted before.

Bartman

Hi Bart, I'm also interested in committing to the GH4 and the zenmuse -- but I'm being told it's not compatible out of the boxes. Do you have different information?

I don't. I bought the A2/Zenmuse combination but bought the GH3 as it will do for most everything I do and I'm not ready to spend the money for everything I'd need to get more from the GH4. If the A2/Zenmuse is still flying for me this time next year then the GH4 will be something I'd consider but it will probably be the GH5, 6, or 7 by then!

Cheshirecat

main problem is, that GH4 Output the setting you selected for recording. Since the internal Zenmuse HDMI converter only supports interlaced settings, there is no way to get progressive formats from GH4 through the converter. So you can use AVCHD 50i only, with the internal converter. We are using a HD Downlink transmitting progressiv and interlaced signals.

To get a HD downlink don't you have to bypass the on board converter anyway or is GH3 Zen different to the NEX Zen in terms of it's video output format?

Warmupper

To get a HD downlink don't you have to bypass the on board converter anyway or is GH3 Zen different to the NEX Zen in terms of it's video output format?

Sure with HD Downlink you bypass the internal converter.

You have to bypass it anyway, when you plan to transmit progressive.
With a HD Downlink or the Red V2 converter for BM Pocket which you can find on ebay

Bartman

maybe I'm confusing things but are you guys saying that if you use the GH3 Zenmuse you can't shoot in 1080 60p and still use the included hdmi converter to feed an analog video transmitter?

Warmupper

maybe I'm confusing things but are you guys saying that if you use the GH3 Zenmuse you can't shoot in 1080 60p and still use the included hdmi converter to feed an analog video transmitter?

Thats the difference between GH3 and GH4. With GH3 you can Record progressive and output interlaced via HDMI.
With the GH4 that is not possible. GH4 output the same format via HDMI you selected for recording.
so the only setting working with the current Zenmuse converter is AVCHD 50i.

Bartman

Bart, did you buy the s1000 for your zenmuse & gh3? If so, Do you like the setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, I've got a bunch of components from when I attempted to start manufacturing my XY frames so I've taken them and made frame plates for a new Hexa using my parts. There's a build thread here, be prepared, it's rather non-standard in some ways! :)

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...ter-Build-DJI-A2-KDE-4012XF-Zenmuse-GH3/page2

I'm going to fly it some more tomorrow and hopefully get the gimbal installed and flying....

Really cool project Bart, looks like you spent some time thinking on that thing. Love the mahogany. It's awesome
Stuff - I build spearguns for fishing out of it and it holds up really nicely when it's oiled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk