GH3 Zenmuse for New GH4

cbpagent72

Does anyone think that the Zenmuse GH3 gimbal will work for the new GH4? I am considering purchasing the new 4K shooting GH4. The specs are really close and the GH4 uses the exact same body as the GH3. Quote from linked review

"Other than the GH4 badge, the Panasonic GH4 uses the exact same body and button configuration as the GH3. You can even use the GH3 battery grip with the GH4 since the pins on the bottom are backwards-compatible."

The difference in weight is 10 grams. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

http://www.slrlounge.com/panasonic-gh4-first-impression-high-iso-gh3-comparison

Quinton

Does anyone think that the Zenmuse GH3 gimbal will work for the new GH4? I am considering purchasing the new 4K shooting GH4. The specs are really close and the GH4 uses the exact same body as the GH3. Quote from linked review

"Other than the GH4 badge, the Panasonic GH4 uses the exact same body and button configuration as the GH3. You can even use the GH3 battery grip with the GH4 since the pins on the bottom are backwards-compatible."

The difference in weight is 10 grams. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

http://www.slrlounge.com/panasonic-gh4-first-impression-high-iso-gh3-comparison

I cant see why they wouldn't, I had the GH3 and GH4 in my hands last week at a photography show, and could not see any difference at all in the bodies, except a push button lock at the top.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Ill be testing the old GH2 gimbal with the GH4 when it comes out, I'll tell you then if it works or not- I will be pretty surprised if it doesn't

The only thing that's worrying me is the new larger eyepiece. It could restrict full tilt action.

The mini hdmi cable for the BMPCC Zen will allow connection from the GH4 to GH3 Zen.

I had to take off the rubber eyepiece on the GH3 as it was rubbing on the ribbon cable. As mentioned the GH4 eyepiece looks much bigger/deeper. Hopefully it will slide off like the GH3.

sk8brd

balances fine with out any adjustment with gimbal on and off the guy said. the micro adapter should work he's going to testt it soon.

Tuomas P.

Where would this adapter be available from? I guess dji:s Blackmagic Pocket Zenmuse has also that micro hdmi wire that is needed...
TP.

sk8brd

micro to mini hdmi adapter. if you google this there's a bunch out there. still waiting for the guy that has a early gh4 to test.

Warmupper

I can have a look for the adapter we used. But the main problem is, that GH4 Output the setting you selected for recording. Since the internal Zenmuse HDMI converter only supports interlaced settings, there is no way to get progressive formats from GH4 through the converter. So you can use AVCHD 50i only, with the internal converter. We are using a HD Downlink transmitting progressiv and interlaced signals.

Mick Koi

new Panasonic GH4 into Z15 GH3 Gimbal?....

Hi all, can anyone in the whole world please please confirm if the new GH4 body will fit, and work ok inside the GH3 gimbal please?
View attachment 18328View attachment 18329

I'm speaking to main suppliers in the UK, main ones, some are saying it will, some are saying there unsure, but is there any forum members outside the UK who might of actually seen it, done it and know for sure if it will, please?

Thanks

Attachments

• gh3.jpg
    gh3.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 371
  • gh4.jpg
    gh4.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 320

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It should. It's only 1.9mm deeper but that is the easiest axis to balance on the Zen. I'm not sure if you can record in 4K and output HDMI in 1080i at the same time, but that's another question.

Mick Koi

that definitely is another question Ben, one which i hadn't anticipated :disturbed: and i suppose won't be answered until its mounted and running through a lightbridge, fingers crossed that it will. yes the dimensions difference is minimal, Iv purposefully left the gimbal out until now to see if the camera will fit, so upto the shop on tuesday morning for the fitting, and if it doesn't well the GH4 will be going straight back, then back to the drawing board...