GH 4 gimbal for CS 8?

Holger

Hello everyone,
A couple of weeks ago we pulled out old CS8 (4s) from the shelve and completely overhauled and rebuild it with the goal to make it our intermediate copter for a GH 4.
It runs on the older Mikrokopter electronics which where completely rebuild and upgraded with the external compass and z axis gyro. It flies beautiful now.
But:
It has the old freefly servo gimbal on it and while it's ok for stills it's absolutely useless for filming.
So the question is, who can recommend me a gimbal for the GH 4.
3 axis or 2 axis and keeping the servo 3 axis and landing gear combo is another but less desirable option.
It would be great if it could be integrated with the Cinestar landing gear, but not a must.
Weight is definitely a factor.
Any ideas?
Alexmos options are ok.
Thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
why not just upgrade the servo gimbal? theres a ton of kits that do it, lookup Chovi, i'm 99% sure all them parts would work with what you have now....

Holger

Thanks Kloner,

I think you just gave away your secret for smooth operating gimbals, there is even a light variation ( wonder how much weight it saves) (;-):

e2ajuquh.jpg

Might make the copter a bit smelly though

Sorry that was just too funny. Googled chovi, and the whole page came up with that...

More serious though, yes, I was thinking the same, but couldn't find many good sources. The ones which sales just the motors/ motor cages where quite a bit more expensive than a complete Chinese brushless knockoff like this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...H3-BMCC-with-5208-200T/318801_1682534325.html

The other thing I noticed is that pretty much all of the upgrade kits I found where marketed for 'red epic', with big (read heavy) engines, and a total overkill for what I need for a GH 4.

Any lighter ideas? (As lighter gives me more flight time)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, the allie express is best,,,, you can get the stuff here too but they just get it there and mark it up... brushlessgimbal.com

you will want the red setup, it'll barely hang a dslr smooth,,, get the biggest frame parts for a red and put smaller brushless motors on it

Holger

Iscorama,
What flight times did you get with that gimbal and the GH 4?
Gotta picture of your cut down version?
So the 5208 is not strong enough for a light GH 4, wouldn't have thought that..
Mmmh, lots of wind resistance with that landing gear...I Guess
Can even feel it with the servo gimbal how the copters behaviour changes when the camera yaws..
Thanks