Gaui Gaui 330 problems

Allen Williams

Hi i have recently bought the gaui 330 xs and think i have it set up pretty well, however when i change the battery or even disconnect the battery and re connect its like starting all over again! trimming up etc and is real annoying! any ideas? and also what does the gain do on the GU-344? any replys would be most helpfull many thanks Al

shyfx003

Hi allen,I had the same problems with 330 xs..Some days it would fly like a dream on each battery pack all day long!!! Then flying again a few days later it would either just flip over on to it's back or just be very wobbly..The idea of the gain in some ways is to make it a little more stable,but no matter how hard i tried to dial it in along with my dx 7 it would still have issues..However some people have managed to dial them in and manage to fly with good results.The 330 is a good machine i just hated the gu-344,i have seen some sites selling them as much as the dji naza..i can't comment on them yet as i am still waiting for a few more parts so that i can start my new build fingers crossed i guess..

Steve..

Bowley

Al, are you connecting up on the level each time. if the frame is all as it should be, it shouldn't need trimming at all.
you've probably been through all this, but start with high gain, about 75% and lift it off, it will oscillate then reduce it just to the point where it doesn't oscillate. that should be you good to go. Have you calibrated the ESC's. Have you got mode control through your Tx? If so remove the green wire and use the switch on the 344 to change modes. just to remove the setting factor for the time being.
There is very little else you can do with the GU344. I find its quite good, never had any problems with it.
Steve is right, they are a little pricey to replace so hope its not faulty.

Allen Williams

Thanks guys, i always start up on level ground, ive re calibrated the ESC,s many times, i do have mode control on my TX it seems to fly better with red light on GU-344 (not green) and the first switch up and the second down is this normal? i thought i may have a dodgy GU-344 what are the advantages of the dji naza and will it connect to my RX and ESC,s ok? i havent heard many good reports about the GU-344 (after i bought one lol) also im getting in to fpv if my TX (DX61) were to loose signal would my quad go flat out or would it loose power?
thanks again guys

Bowley

You would want to set a failsafe setting on your Tx. I have mine set to a medium rate descent. just make sure you always have your Tx switched on before you connect the battery or you could get a fright!..been there done that!!
When I switch mode with the Tx it flies like in manual when in hover or Atti and flies like Atti when switched to Norm or cruise..however when use the switch on the 344 all seems as should be. might be worth just trying with that green wire disconnected, see what happens for you. I just use it like that now.

Allen Williams

Thats exactly what mine is doing Steve ive tryed everything i can think of! i do notice that motor 2 is slower to set off than the others, so i replaced the ESC how ever that didnt cure it! also when it is flying brilliantly i have the rudder and AIL on the sub trim at like 70% to the right and when i use it the next day i have to take them all back to 0? What are the advantages of the dji naza? and whats the best price? as i do think i have a dodgy GU-344!
many thanks Al

Dreaming

Do you mount your battery exactly the same every time? If it is in a slightly different place from time to time it will change the center of gravity.

Lifter

Do you mount your battery exactly the same every time? If it is in a slightly different place from time to time it will change the center of gravity.

Plus 1 on that - I found that the battery placement is critical when doing the change over - if i didn't get it right it was like flying a new machine for the first time.
And that is also the case after upgrading the 330 SX to the 500 - which in my opinion is the best thing to do, so much easier to handle and its 1 tough Quad, damn hard to kill it..
Cheers

Allen Williams

I mount it underneith using 2 small cableties through the 4 holes in the frame and a bit of velcro between to stop vibrations and it sliding. But i will take more care next time to cenrolise to see if that resolves it!
Im also bidding on a 500 frame is it alot more stable? and do you use 8" props or 10"? cheers Al

Lifter

I mount it underneith using 2 small cableties through the 4 holes in the frame and a bit of velcro between to stop vibrations and it sliding. But i will take more care next time to cenrolise to see if that resolves it!
Im also bidding on a 500 frame is it alot more stable? and do you use 8" props or 10"? cheers Al

I just transplanted all the 330 SX gear to the 500, that includes the props.
When doing the battery change over, I flip it on its back to swap it out, power it up and leave it there for 30 or so seconds to allow the IMU to stabilize before flying.
Swapping to the 500 frame was the best thing ever - I found the 330 a hand full, even a friend (with his Heli Gold wings) found it a handful and he does 3d.
If you do go down the 500 track and leave the ESC's inside the frame (ie Tube) there are a couple of mods I found you should do.
A lot more stable - Hell yes....
http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?2722-Help-needed-for-Newbies!

Check out post #4

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: