Gaui Gaui 300X/500X Forum, as requested

Vojec

Yes it is heavy use 4s 3300 pack about 255g and camera is about 380g plus alware 440g and total weight is 1075g then add also weight of Gaui. Thanks for advice, will do that.

Vojec

Hi,
I have no problem uploading GoPro photo file here (img bellow). I use my Gopro for FPV and right now setup also OSD system. Found on youtube how to use Gopro as FPV cam with Live Feed video. On Gopro menu find LF (LFF = live feed off; LFO = on) and set LFO to enable that, so you don't need additional cam on board :). Also watch some guy that use video cable from cell phone, have same jack, so a little modification and in work. Here is how: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBzRRGBWcrw&feature=related

View attachment 4028View attachment 4029

Cheers

Vojc

Attachments

• GOPR0291.jpg
    GOPR0291.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 280
  • GOPR0290.jpg
    GOPR0290.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 241

QuadFlyer

Did you convert to a jpeg file or is that what a gopro file is? Mine gave an error but I will try again later. Most quad flyers I talk to do not use the gopro for viewing because of letterbox format, field of view too wide and low light handling capability. The rmrc-540 seems to be a realistic field of view and fills the fat shark goggles screen. It also adjust to dark shadows quickly. It doesnt weigh much so I have never tried the gopro for viewing but I do have the cables. I will probably give it a shot on a plane later on because I wont be flying as low and close to things. I have the hero 2 but I notice it still does not handle shadows very well and things get dark. One other thing is I have the viewing camera straight ahead and the gopro with a little down angle in it. When the next firware comes out for gopro it will have more fov settings in the 720p 60 frame mode so that should make it more usable for a viewing camera. Do you use the gopro skeleton case to access the plugs?

Vojec

No did not convert jpeg file just use form and upload image. For suggestion about rmrc-540 cam, because have Fat shark goggle and I will try that cam.

About GoPro sceleton; no just ordinary additional case and drill a hole to it :).

Nutz

I have a Gaui 500X with JRXG8 Tx (it was ready built), but I can't find anything about arming/disarming. How do I know if I have successfully disarmed the motors before picking it up?

Thanks for any help!

QuadFlyer

My hitec radio had a feature to disable the throttle but I dont have that on my dx8 so I have to be more careful with it. The motors dont seem to do anything when throttle is off even if I pick it up but I always disconnect the battery first when I land. You cant be too careful with these type motors because they are very strong. Make sure throttle is off and quad is level and still when you connect the battery and it seems to fly better.
I have a Gaui 500X with JRXG8 Tx (it was ready built), but I can't find anything about arming/disarming. How do I know if I have successfully disarmed the motors before picking it up?

Thanks for any help!