Gains settings for an okto wkm av200/360

Hi guys,

I am having problems dialling in my gains for my okto.

My setup is a droidworks okto 360 frame on an av200/360 gimbal with two 5000mah bat, and 40amp esc's.

Does any one have any knowledge of the gain settings for this kind of setup ?

I have tried so many different combinations but am a little lost in this now, anyone used this combination and know where i should be at ?

thanks Matt

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi guys,

I am having problems dialling in my gains for my okto.

My setup is a droidworks okto 360 frame on an av200/360 gimbal with two 5000mah bat, and 40amp esc's.

Does any one have any knowledge of the gain settings for this kind of setup ?

I have tried so many different combinations but am a little lost in this now, anyone used this combination and know where i should be at ?

thanks Matt

Hard to say without a lot more information about your setup like which motors, props, RTF weight, and what the current settings are. From personal experience I'd start with basic pitch and roll set to 250, yaw at 200, and vertical at 175. ATTI gain I'd start with 70% and see how it reacts to wind and adjust as needed. The WKM also needs a smaller prop than would normally be used with MK electronics, so if you've had the gains set in that range and it still had a case of the wobbles chances are you need to go to a smaller prop. I'm using Graupner 11 x 5 props on my CineStar6 with AXI 2218-22 motors and an RTF weight of a bit over 9 pounds. I'm using the same props on similar motors on my Droidworx AD6 H/L with a slightly lower RTF weight and still working on getting the gains set to where the AD6 is as smooth as the CS6. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to fly the AD6 since I converted from MK to WKM due to weather so it may take a while to get it fully dialed in, but right now I have the basic gains set to around 280 and the ATTI on a TX slider with the range from 40% up to 110%, 65 being the midpoint. It flys well but is very twitchy in the wind which is the hardest thing to get right with the WKM on large frames, I find it takes having the ATTI gains adjustable from the TX so you can make adjustments "on the fly" to keep the flight as smooth and steady as possible in variable wind. Ultimately it's the combination of basic pitch and roll gains being balanced with the ATTI gains that produces the best flight and the ratio is inversely proportional, as the basic gains increase, the ATTI gains need to decrease to keep it smooth in the wind.

HTH

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Rtryder, thats good info i definitely see the benefit of a low atti but think i need to increase the basic gains a bit more, I am using pulso kv760 motors and overall weight is 3.7kg/8.178 pounds and using 12 inch wooden JXF props.

Matt

RTRyder thanks again thats vastly improved the overall flight, i still have a small twitch in the wind (and a fair bit of wind too) so now it,s just the finer adjustments to make, that really helped alot cheers.

Matt