Futaba Spektrum or Turnigy

Pozzix

What kind of radio may I use with ftp gears such as ImmersionRc?
What is better is terms of reliability?
Budget for buying these radio is a lot different for sure but assuming that bucks doesn't matter what brand and model you may advise?

Futaba 8j
Futaba 8fg
Spektrum Dx8
Turnigy 9xr

Max

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk

kloner

Aerial DP
until a few days ago the only ones that wouldve worked using ppm wouldve been futaba. even it's fixed now so you can map channels so any of em would work, i'd still get futaba. i use the 8j with the ezuhf in 6 rigs and there all as flawless as the next signal wise. i've never seen a failsafe and i've tried. super easy to make work

Pozzix

I have read some issue of dx8 and futaba 8fg paired with ImmersionRc uhf module.
Dx8 was not so reliable 'cause its trainer port and 8fg has some issues with ppm signal sync, so what I have to do?
Maybe turnigy 9xr has right tradeoff between reliability/less user experience and costs.

Mmm I'm little confused

Max

kloner

Aerial DP
and they released firmware to fix it last week, or the week before......Dragonlink has the same to worse issues with the different radios out there and they still haven't acknowledged a problem

hoggdoc

New-Bee
What kind of radio may I use with ftp gears such as ImmersionRc?
What is better is terms of reliability?
Budget for buying these radio is a lot different for sure but assuming that bucks doesn't matter what brand and model you may advise?

Futaba 8j
Futaba 8fg
Spektrum Dx8
Turnigy 9xr

Max

I just bought my first "real" transmitter. After doing some reading, I'm new to the RC thing, I chose the Spektrum DX7s. I felt it delivered the best dollar to feature ratio. I have been able without too much head ache and a lot of Youtube videos program the radio to work with my first RC a Blade MQX.

The build quality is great, my only negative comment would be the battery charging time seems too long.

kloner

Aerial DP
when you use radios in there 2.4 form factor like there sold, spektrum when you fly it side by side with a futaba has a distinct different feel. it's like you loose touch with spektrum even 5th nano second and the futaba has a super solid feel. not coming from a guy that just got into the hobby, but from a guy that bought his first JR radio back in 1993 and still got it........ went to a jr 11x cause i thought it was neat that could buy bind and fly,,,,,, never used it for that, hate little stuff

last year after almost being eaten alive form an 11x and dragonlink i made the change to 8j and futaba and haven't ever had a problem. I fly miles away every flight,,,, hundreds if not thousands of times now

That ppm shift thing is something that came along the last few years when 6 channel and bigger radios started becoming popular....... any 7ch radio has normal ppm sum, except with jr and spektrum radios they output it in something called DSC and that doesn't work real well with aftermarket LRS sytems. You have to open up the radio, hack into the 5 volt ppm wires and hard wire it in.... pita

DesJardins

100% Futaba & EzUHF

I'm holding out for a final version update for the 8FGs as I love my Futaba but if your looking to buy and fly now with UHF go Kloners route

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Running an 8J Futaba myself, As everyone above said, never had an issue and it is rock solid. Easy to use and easy to program, binding is not an issue with these radios.

Ohh, did anyone mention S-Bus? Nice feature and less wires to hook up.

Pozzix

Have see two Futaba models today 8j and 8fg. These looks very solid and full of "three postion switch". They are without any doubt, a level above Spektrum. I love Dx6i, the first my radio since 2011 that I use with my helis but now I want improve myself in a more complex radio 'cause my future birds will be more professional.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Have see two Futaba models today 8j and 8fg. These looks very solid and full of "three postion switch". They are without any doubt, a level above Spektrum. I love Dx6i, the first my radio since 2011 that I use with my helis but now I want improve myself in a more complex radio 'cause my future birds will be more professional.

The 8J has 2 - 3 position switches and a host of other switches, Plus the VR knob that you can use to increase or decrease your gains. I can't compare other radios, as I have been a Futaba man for as long as I can remember. JR radios if you can afford one, are also a very good radio, spectrum and so forth are fairly new to me.

kloner

Aerial DP
there is also 2 digital trim switches that can be assigned to any channel, best gain control there is especially if you got more than one model.

003%20%28768x1024%29_795.jpg

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Been using DX10t with lawmate 1.2 video tx rx and don't seem to have a problem. I really like the tray and all the switches and sliders for doing AP work. Unless you you use an S-bus adapter though you lose camera gimal control from the WK-M if you go with an octo configuration. Otherwise this is a good choice.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?4106-DX-10t-Review

Last edited by a moderator: