Futaba 8FG vs 14SG

jetkrazee

Uplifting-photography.com
Ok friends, I have read til my eyes are bleading but cant find out the answer to this one. Please keep in mind once again that we are somewhat new to the hobby. Does the Futaba 8FG have appx the same range (assuming same atmospheric conditions of course) as the 14SG?

Thanks, jetkrazee

Rick~K

Free Bird
I'm sure it would, both a basically the same radio. The 8FG had the 14 channels iirc, just not the switches that the 14 does.

jetkrazee

Thanks for the replys and information peep! One more question I have not related directly to radios is where can we purchase an individual lightbridge ground reciever or is it even a possibility?
A couple companys told me it wasnt available in that form, just have to buy an additional complete LB setup.

kloner

Aerial DP
my understanding is the light bridge are matched sets, it moves your rc control over to 5.8 and the video is fed through 2.4. theres something about you can't run a 2.4 rc control around it like a futaba radio to the gimbal hence why these things are pretty much just fancy phantom fpv gimicks. Real hd downlinks work with all the crap we have onboard, there just mega expensive. You only need hd if your pulling focus or the like.

jetkrazee

Thanks kloner, we are indeed planning on zoom and need to be able to make sure we are in focus for inspection work. We will have to give this some further thought before any money is invested for sure. Do you know of any one particular company/brand that you would reccomend for us to look at for full HD? We really need it and the company that will be purchasing the eqip has very little worrys when it comes to $$$$.

Thanks my friend!

kloner

Aerial DP
terradeck, paralinx, were working with a company L3 com but they don't currently offer anything yet..... publicly to civilians but that's changing shortly. there all pretty limited range compared to the lightbridge, less range than light bridge, but some are 4g capable to live feed hd to the web to be viewed live streaming if you want to go that far. has like 8x 4g phones going....

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I'm sure it would, both a basically the same radio. The 8FG had the 14 channels iirc, just not the switches that the 14 does.
Once the 8FG is up graded to V5 firmware it performs pretty much the same as the 8FG Super and 14SG, switches are the same for control, programming swithces are upgraded and a back button added to the 14SG.