FUTABA 8FG RADIO on DJI 550 Hex

kloner

Aerial DP
were along for the ride. i think that'll help alot. the ch assignment above is how when you hook up sbus the channels come in. naturaly you have to do the first 4 like that to control ail, ele, rud, thr, but the rest if not sbus can be put however you want them

you have to work on it and figure it out to get better. stick with it, theres no going half way in with these things with success. it's a labor of love or it's not for you

connects are good

Ok I'm confident connections are good ...I'm driving to conn to see if this hobby store is open and see if I could get info I'm looking at the probable cause of this mess....should I have it in plane or helli

airplane vs heli

I knew it...but wasn't sure...they had it in Heli...NOT! okay that one thing found..I am still setting up the project to fly it some time tomorrow or Tuesday..should be back in the office in an hour or so then I can sit with manual and radio with hexacopter turned on...crap never did get that script from my family doc. to send some valium and whiskey....hehe you think he knows something I don't....hahahaha

kloner

Aerial DP
sounds like you need a mmj script, screw the pills

now things should act a little more like what were all saying, manual is saying. get stuck on the chinglish, let us know, it's thick and hard to comprehend

your radio should have a window that says auxilllery channels or something to that affect, it lets you switch what knob or switch does what. That should be the next big hurdle

Are you using an sbus connection? 1 wire instead of 8?

Last edited by a moderator:

understanding logic and following it are two differnet things

So it goes without saying that the problem is not language but rather the intent behind each instruction or direction. I don't know where to start I'm looking at the manual and I made some cheat sheets so that I don't have to keep going back and forth to the book for deffinition of a softkey or location of the command line for that spesific function or group of functions which would mean a script or macro running after a set of routines...anyway...I'm just not confident that anything I do will get this to work...Oh yea did I mention that during my attempt to FRAK around with this ****...its no longer turning on the motors....WTF...this reminds me of a war game that we used to play on the opposite team...after its all said and done...the enemy would rather go thru mental pain rather than use realtime intel...they would say that in the back of their thoughts they are convinced that if they go thru pain or hardship that they will be worthy of being the enemy among other things but as you can see...or know I'm not interested in being part of a club or membership that reflects how much pain they had to go thru because they were to stubourn to ask for help or use other means of help...I just want to finish the task.

I'm afraid I will need to bring this to the Univ. and pay somebody to bring this to flight ready status...Im to close to this and to upset to keep punishing myself for no help or answers in the manuals...the only thing I can't follow is the routine in which I need to apply these corrections...and what I mean by corrections is what you hinted on for weight distrabution from the Gyro's point of view..anyway I'm sure by now you realize that I'm very pissed and tired of this stupid crap...and with that said..I'm sorry for venting to you and allowing myself to actualy follow thru with writting down my thoughts on the subject..talk to ya laters..

okay the only thing I can say is...Holy crap! I finally got the model setup to the correct or default settings. As I fowllow the callibration process I noticed that when I take off I'm in Atti mode...can I do that? and secondly I still have the stick at 58% throttle before the Hex 550 attempts take off..ofcourse it does great in Manual mode..now I ask you ...am I doing something wrong...like taking off from Atti mode?...anyway I think I'm almost there..

kloner

Aerial DP
hahaha,,,, sweet

when you are in the dji assistant program under the "tx cali" window there is a calibration process. when you hit start you stir the sticks, when your done you HAVE to move the throttle to the middle, exactl 50% in your radios monitor window, can also see it in the throttle curve window, then hit finish. That tells naza where mid stick is.

You can take off in atti if it's working good. mine always act all weird when i do that so i just wait till it's in the sky to change to atti or gps atti

Yep I know what you mean and I noticed that during the calibration I move the stick to half and button turns green in the cali window...but what is weird is when I start her up I wait about 20 seconds to make sure everything is good and then I lift off but I'm scared to go into atti mode during flight because of thrust or throttle not being enough to launch ..then why would it be enough to hover or fly...I don't know..I might just try it out tomorrow. But there has to be a way to increase throttle or thrust in atti mode...know what I mean?

Oh I wrote the settings and then I exported ..and in the radio I purchased a card and I had the Futaba format the card at which time I copied the model to the card from TX...and I put the card away in a safe...hahahhaa thats my back up since all the DJI 550 carry the same payload one gopro camera with osd and EZUHF...thank God for people like to you to help me and give me direction...thank youi again for your help

kloner

Aerial DP
if you move the throttle till the green light goes green is different than how i'm trying to describe. you want to look at the radios menu, there is a window called monitor i jr radios, futaba you can see it in thr-curve,,,,, if you click that on it shows all your channels and where they all are. you want the throttle 50% or half way in that. usually, that makes the bar black, but when you hit finish, naza calibrates itself to it and maoves those bars to the center and makes em all green..... try it

atti half stick is altitude hold, more stick goes up, less stick it falls. when you setup a rig, the only way i know to do it right is to make the prop/battery selection hover the craft at 50% throttle in manual, anything else and naza can get really piggy, feel heavy. if gps mode is on, it's even more piggy regardless perfect or not. the hot rod mode is manual, but it doesn't self level so it's alot like flying a single rotor heli without self leveling, handfull

Does anybody know how to configure the Dji 550 so that when I am in Atti mode I have enough power to take off? It looks like the Atti mode is not doing the job and I don't have any weight on the Dji except the battery . I can start the motors in atti-gps-man but when I attempt to take off in Atti mode is seems their isn't enough power to take off

kloner

Aerial DP
out of three of these nazas, mine never have. all my flights take off in man, flip to atti on the way up and i leave. Don't know why, don't know how to tell ya to change it to make it any different. This and the way it'll lockover on ya are the two quirks i've seen with naza. The other flight controllers i tried went in the trash before they ever flew, one lit on fire connecting it to the pc and burned up my mother board. Theres alot bigger problems with others than them two little things IMO. Just cause the thing feels like it flies itself doesn't mean you don't gotta learn to fly rc to do it. single rotor guys step into these things and feel like there in heaven, never flew something so easy...........

irvan36mm

Does anybody know how to configure the Dji 550 so that when I am in Atti mode I have enough power to take off? It looks like the Atti mode is not doing the job and I don't have any weight on the Dji except the battery . I can start the motors in atti-gps-man but when I attempt to take off in Atti mode is seems their isn't enough power to take off
I've always flown in Atti mode (Manual mode too scary for me right now. LOL).
On my F550, it'll start to take off between 1/2 & 3/4 throttle. Then I'll back it off to 1/2 once I'm in the air.
Not sure if it's correct, but it's something I've gotten used to. Not a big deal for me.

@rocketman2012,

connect to the WKM and reference the TX monitor page while you switch between GPS/ATTI/MAN... at same time, look at your TX screen toward the bottom.. something like "NORMAL, IDLEUP1, IDLEUP2, IDLEUP3, HOLD" will be displayed.. Can you tell me if those change when switching from MAN/ATTI/GPS?

you may have condition set and with different conditions, you are able to set different settings on the TX.

KS

rolfecova

The electronic controller that you calibrate has a different rate. It strictly depends upon someones mood only. If you want a different sensitive stick, you can easily make a second rate to change once it is booted up. You should have a thorough knowledge about the key issues and features of the products.