Frontline aerial footage

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
i finally got a chance to catch up on recorded Frontline episodes from PBS. Not sure when it was first aired, but the episode titled 'Outbreak' contained a massive amount of aerial footage.

The episode is documenting the chronological history of the Ebola outbreak in Africa over the last 18 months - and is not for the faint of heart (or stomach!). But as usual, they do a better job than almost any news programs (at least here in the States).

Well worth watching for both the info and the footage.

Any info on the company/companies that flew and shot those missions? Would love to see if their site(s) might have some interesting behind the scenes stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Unfortunately no. I didn't catch anything at the end of the episode. I should see if I can find anything - it really was a great episode (sad and horrifying, but very well done).

Frontline is still the best at non-magazine style, single topic reporting. Plus I just like the narrator's voice.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I was just thinking the other day - what would they do without the voiceover guy??? :)

It's really heads above any of the other investigative journalism aired on television.

Old Man

Something that becomes clear in the report is that governments, the U.N. and the W.H.O, do not exist to help the people. They appear to be only focused on their image. When things go south on massive scale people have to be prepared to help themselves. A very hard thing to do and education will be the key.

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzab

Wow, that was a hard doco to watch. What the hell is wrong with us all when such a serious situation is unfolding and we let politics get in the way like that? What a crazy world.

I know that drone dudes were just in Detroit filming some stuff at gm for pbs. It's possible the aerial footage you saw is theirs.