Frame only or Kit (ESC, Motors included)

TechBill

I am looking at frame to start with and the F450 frame look pretty good for a first time MR flyer before moving up to a bigger MR like Hexa etc.

You can get it in frame only and then buy the motors and ESC separately or buy it with the motors, and ECSs here one page selling it http://heli-heli.com/items/quad-cop...es-motors-esc-propellers-dji-fw450-detail.htm

But it seem to be low grade motor and ESC? From the specs on that website it say motor is 2212 and ESC is 15A

I don't want to spend too much on a beginner MR which I will probably crash a bunch of time learning, I am planning on investing heavily on my next MR which will have a beefer motors etc.

I am thinking about also adding a gimbal and a GoPro camera on the F450 so I wasn't sure if the motors with the kits could handle the weight from it.

Anyone know if it can handle the weight or should I just buy the frame alone and get a slightly better motor and ESC for it?

I don't want spend a whole lot on the F450 but I still want motors and ESCs that can handle a GoPro on it and maybe a FPV gears too or any other better kits that include a frame, motors, ESCs that similar to F450?

Thank for your feedback!

Bill

TechBill

I want to add that gimbal/GoPro won't be added right away.

I plan to practice and put in lot of flight time without the camera or FPV on the F450. When I feel I have learn enough how to fly a MR then I will add a camera to practice with it next so I wanted to make sure the motors and ESC will be able to handle it without needing to upgrade it.

Bill

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
A F450 kit with the E300 propulsion system is probably the cheepest/easiest way to go. If you want to add a gimbal and gopro later on I would suggest the F550 instead.

It is true that the F450/F550 can handle stronger motors. 30 amp ESCs and 2216 motors are a popular upgrade. With extended arms even bigger motors and propellers. But, as allways, money starts to roll when you enter the upgrade path.

TechBill

Thank you both for your feedback. Is there a F550 frame kits with the motor and ECS too?

I am sure I can find some places using Google but seem there more clones out there now days so I wouldn't really know which is a genius and which is a clone.

Bill

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That's the real thing. GetFPV is a really solid retailer. If it's listed as a certain company - you can trust you'll get what you paid for.