FPV with Camera Control

Im trying to figure out how I'm going todo dual camera FPV setup. I want a camera feed for the pilot and one for the camera pilot. I also need to find a way to break out the camera controls. Im new (in case you can't tell) Any advice you have to offer would be great.

Ill be flying the Tarot 680 Pro frame. the motor/prop/controllers have yet to be figured out.

kloner

Aerial DP
we use two vtx and two groundstations. it also takes 2 complete radio systems so no breaking out anything. one controls the craft, other controls the gimbal

SamaraMedia

What kloner said.

Here's my setup for a hex I have, one monitor for pilot cam, other for film cam. Both on Immersion 5.8 set to different channels. Works well but looking forward to the day of having a two operator setup so I can concentrate on the flying or filming...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dual Op.jpg
    Dual Op.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 172

SamaraMedia

None. I was going to use 1.3 and 5.8 since I have both but kloner convinced me that it was better and easier to use separate channels on the 5.8. Can't argue with a master ;)

Plus if you wanted to use 2.4 you'd have to go to 433 control I believe.

Old Man

Yep, the 2.4 video causes issues with a 2.4 flight controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
No interference problems? Is it better to put one on 2.4 and and one on 5ghz?

For an extra degree of interference protection, use one VTx with a Left-Hand Circular Polarized antenna, and then the other with a Right Hand CP antenna.

I also thought that dual VTx setup would not work, but turns out it's totally not a big deal. Though, we're only talking short range. Not sure what would happen if you tried to do this long range with weak signals.

Ok so now I'm thinking of doing dual gimbals. Both with head tracking. See any problems? Still learning what's out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pfarmer

Diesel twitch - to keep power consumption and weight down I would keep the copter simple and use a very low power transmitter on the ground to provide the second monitor with its input unless you intend to use separate cameras on the copter. A lot depends on the purpose of the cameras such as landscape pictures or roof inspections.

Last edited by a moderator: