FPV setup with iOSD

Hi Maverick
Do you think my wiring is correct because i only get iOSD display no video from camera
have ordered another iOSD MKII to see if that works with this wiring

View attachment 14814

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 204

kloner

Aerial DP
what camera is that? does it work not putting the iosd inline? in other words cam to vtx, does that work? what battery are you plugging into the iosd? how many volts?

Maverick

Hi Maverick
Do you think my wiring is correct because i only get iOSD display no video from camera
have ordered another iOSD MKII to see if that works with this wiring

View attachment 18562

tiggybengal, sorry for the late reply - your wiring does look correct, just make sure your cameras is 12v, and not 5v... The maximum output voltage of the iOSD is 11.2v.

you may have a bad connection somewhere? As Kloner says, try plugging your cam directly into the VTx, to eliminate the iOSD, but remember, that VTx only provides 5v camera output, so you'll have to tap 12v off somewhere, if that's a 12v camera (and you haven't already fried it...?)

Maverick

Hi Kloner
It is this one in the picture
http://quadcopters.co.uk/fpv-camera-700tv-lines-pal-ccd-sony-had-ccd-ii-----quadcopters-uk-640-p.asp

but it is also the same with my go pro and my nex 5 all wired according to dji instructions as illustrated in the pic
yes i have tried without the iOSD and all cameras word fine on my
foxtech 10" fpv monitor
samsuny hd tv
2 toughbooks cf29's

thanks

tiggybengal

One time, I found that the little tiny crimp connections inside the white connectors, were crimping the insulation on the video wire, and not the actual conductor. Took me ages to figure it out, as I assumed factory leads would have been checked! I removed the actual crimps from the white connectors using a needle, then examined them very closely. Try this, it might be your problem...

BTW, In my case it wasn't DJI iOSD leads, it was my VTx lead.