FPV for pilot

PaNt

Hey guys i want to ask you if you use a second small camera to your copter...

I want to put on more cam on the front boom and an lcd in order to see the OSD and also to fly via the lcd when its to far from me..

What do you think?/

kloner

Aerial DP
i do........ but all i'm doing is fpv

big reasons are for the way there made for fpv, light up shaddows, darken bright spots via WDR. for me, it's also in case i was to got through a tree or hit bush to where the hd cam got blown off, i still get to bring it home.

I like flying sunrise/set and a cam like a pixim 690 is the bomb

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/p...EAWOLF-Sensor-chip-OSD-Camera-3.6mm-lens.html

theres also a 2.8mm there thats a little more wide angle.... kinda depends what your doing. the 3.6 is more zoomed and has a narrower field of view

PaNt

right,,, so what cam do you want to use for it?
lol i will use a small FPV cam but not for FPV... i want it in order to help me when i am doing my job..! thats all..

And i dont want to ask what to use but if it will help me or not..

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what i was showing you.... read about wdr...... that's why most of us are using it. know how your hd view isn't always perfectly aimed, like eating sun or early or late so hard to see, this fixes that. Wide Dynamic Range

that pixim is top notch, it is what they sell at Team Blacksheep for $160,,,,,,, has great all around performance. if you were always flying in mid day you can step down to a ccd had type with WDR for around $40. But man, early and late you can't see squat

for the fear of adding another link to your post and getting ya madder, my youtube has a video called WDR zII style, watch the start and end of that, that's the ccd during then.

I'm not a good should you or not cause all mine use it, but if you are is what i'm trying to tell ya about

PaNt

So, you cannot use the cameras output to frame what you are filming? That is was many of us do.
i am doint that and i have an operator for the cam ...!

But i want to ask if it will help me to put a second cam that will be on the front boom..! So i can fly sometime that the copter is far away from me via the lcd..!

From the other camera i cannot fly because it is on a 3axis gimbal ..! i Dont know if you can understand me.. :(

PaNt

i dont want to do FPV in order to go far away from me...! WHEN I SAY FPV I MEAN

So i dont want for such a flight..!

I want it to help me with the AP AV..>! Thats all..!

And also i wont wear Googles i will put and lcd ....!

Last edited by a moderator:

jforkner

I want to put on more cam on the front boom and an lcd in order to see the OSD and also to fly via the lcd when its to far from me..

I believe what you asked for is called FPV---First Person View. Not sure why you refuse to acknowledge it. From Wikipedia:
First-person view (FPV), also known as remote-person view (RPV), or simply video piloting, is a method used to control a radio controlled model vehicle from the driver or pilot's view point.​

No reason you can't put a camera on the front of your MC, downlink it's image (including OSD) to a ground station, and view the image on an LCD. When shopping for the components to do that, you'll probably have to look under the heading of FPV, regardless of what you want to call it.

Jack

PaNt

I believe what you asked for is called FPV---First Person View. Not sure why you refuse to acknowledge it. From Wikipedia:
First-person view (FPV), also known as remote-person view (RPV), or simply video piloting, is a method used to control a radio controlled model vehicle from the driver or pilot's view point.​

No reason you can't put a camera on the front of your MC, downlink it's image (including OSD) to a ground station, and view the image on an LCD. When shopping for the components to do that, you'll probably have to look under the heading of FPV, regardless of what you want to call it.

Jack

OMG... ok its FPV but will it help me to AP AV>..!

I try to tell you that i wont go too far etc..! I wont use the copter for LONG FPV flights...! but only for AP AV jobs!

Malcr001

PaNt your not making a whole lot of sense but I'm guessing you want to use an FPV camera so your camera operator can view the image via an LCD on the ground so your camera operator has a good idea of the direction the camera is pointing at? If thats correct then you dont need an FPV camera at all. Most cameras have an anologue AV output, all you need to do is buy a video reciever and transmitter and hookup camera to the video transmitter that way you have the video coming directly from your DSLR etc.

Essentially it isnt FPV if the person controlling the MC is not controlling it via the LCD monitor or video goggles but instead controling it by unaided visual line of sight.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaNt

Lol... My english are not good and that why you cannot understand me..!

Guys the FPV is for me(the pilot) in order to help me with the flight when i want to see via LCD...! Do you understand me..!

Danub

Lol... My english are not good and that why you cannot understand me..!

Guys the FPV is for me(the pilot) in order to help me with the flight when i want to see via LCD...! Do you understand me..!
I think I do. . . . A "fpv" set-up will give you the orientation you are looking for at long line of sight distances. . . sayyy 200meters?
It can "guide" you to framing your "shot" as well but that "framing" will not be very accurate as the lenses of the "fpv" cam and the AP cam are most certainly different.
I hope that helps. :)

PaNt

I think I do. . . . A "fpv" set-up will give you the orientation you are looking for at long line of sight distances. . . sayyy 200meters?
It can "guide" you to framing your "shot" as well but that "framing" will not be very accurate as the lenses of the "fpv" cam and the AP cam are most certainly different.
I hope that helps. :)
Yeap that helps..! i think it will help me as you say at long line of sight distances..! but do anyone use it??

jforkner

OMG... ok its FPV but will it help me to AP AV>..!

I try to tell you that i wont go too far etc..! I wont use the copter for LONG FPV flights...! but only for AP AV jobs!

At this point, it's hard to say what will help you. Not sure how far "too far" is, but why not let your camera operator guide you? If you downlink the video image from the camera to a monitor, the camera operator could not only frame the shot, but tell you where to fly.

This is likely one of those situations where only you can determine what will help you. So you'll probably have to try a few things, and decide what works best for you.

Jack