FPV Equipment Questions

genesc

1. Can two or more people flying on same 2.4 Ghz frequency wearing FatShark Atitude Goggles flying at same time and place?
2. Where does the Camera and transmitter get it's power from when installed on a Quad?

Thank You
Gene

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yes you can have three but that is all.

Some camera and vTx setups can run straight from 3S packs, some need 5V and 12V supply setup, depends on the gear you are using.

Pete

kloner

Aerial DP
if you need regulators, "buck regulators" work really well, amazon has em stateside....

If you find yourself amongst 2.4 rc control users theres only a couple channels that work reliably..... and even then you gotta keep away from them depending what there using. hitec and spektrums are hot around most my lawmate channels. love 2.4 video, use it on most of my rigs

genesc

Since I am new it may be sometime before I actually use the goggles but in the meantime I need to know exactly what bits and pieces I need to power a Mobius camera on my quad.

In order to not drain my main battery that powers the quad, would you know which battery would be what I would need.
I would like to get the rest of the stuff that I will need all at one time.

Thank You

Gene

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I just run my Mobius from its own battery, I do not use it for FPV, that would be a bad idea.

genesc

Pete, I thought that the Mobius would work for FPV according to articles I have read but you are more hands on so give me some ideas to what camera's I should be looking at.
I should be using for close range FPV. I would at least like to see color and a half way decent clear view.
Thank you
Gene

kloner

Aerial DP
heres some samples of lower cost higher end cams....

security cam 2000 pz0420

pz0513

TBS69

Last edited by a moderator:

genesc

Kloner, thank you for those vid examples. The pz0513 looks to be quite nice, when looking at all three vids. Does the pz0513 use a separate batter to run
or Quad battery? Is there a special wiring harness for the pz0513 to work with the FatShark TX?

In the mean time I will do some more research and call some vendors and ask more questions.

Any help would surely be appreciated.
Thank You
Gene