Flying is the easy bit

I jest of course, but trying to understand all the jargon and all the abbreviations is far more of a challenge to the newbie!!

Just got a rtfhexnazagpsdx8ar8000f550 and currently trying to find some 30" beech props because I think they will look nice and my F550 will float if run out of battery over water.

Searching hard for the answers to the simple questions so that I don't show my ignorance!!! But given up so looking forward to some help.

Steve

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Steve, Welcome to MRF.

The newbie forum is always a good place to start reading. There are two new post in there by Faffer and Chris23039.

May help us if we know a bit more about what you want from a multi rotor.

Enjoy your stay

Dave

Hi Dave

Fantastic, you are just the bloke I want to contact. My F550 came from your friend Geoff. I know because I mentioned your forum thread to him yesterday!!! It is a small world even on the internet. Really pleased with Quadcopters and everything and I'm getting on fine apart from one mishap when it was just too windy!!

Of all the stuff on this forum, the thread that I have followed the closest in great detail is your SJX4lite.
I am considering my next move and I am very interested in doing exactly what you have done. I am a photographer and there is loads of lovely footage online done with a hex or octo.
Can I firstly ask why you didn't go that route instead choosing the X4 configuration? Is it all down to stability of the platform in the breeze or are there other considerations?

regards Steve

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have been a firm belever of COAX in the UK. I fly professionally and have to get shoots done, with flat hexa's Octos it just would not happen. I am sure there will be some on here that will disagree but I know what I need for my job and to keep my clients happy. We also have flat hexes and octos in the fleet but they rarely come out to play as I get most of what is required with my ADX3 Y6 setup. I went to the X4 because I needed to lift more than the ADX was happy with. She is one big old beast but not as big as the SJ8 and S800. BUT as far as I am concerned is the better machine for what I want.

In the UK we have to deal with wind.. I posted a video yesterday of a really quick edit I did flying at elevation, I mean above sea level and at 400' higher in winds that a F450 would do 28mph into and 60 with.. just ask Quattro!

The footage speaks for itself.

I have just finished a edit of the whole day which I will be posting on Vimeo soon.

Where are you in the country?

Dave

Also check out this thread

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?7350-DroidWorx-ADX3-Maiden

and this

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?8011-ADX3-HL-Sony-CX730-wind-testing-(NO-BOSS)

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I jest of course, but trying to understand all the jargon and all the abbreviations is far more of a challenge to the newbie!!

Just got a rtfhexnazagpsdx8ar8000f550 and currently trying to find some 30" beech props because I think they will look nice and my F550 will float if run out of battery over water.

Searching hard for the answers to the simple questions so that I don't show my ignorance!!! But given up so looking forward to some help.

Steve

Hey, I'm new to multicopters too! So, where do you buy your zip ties from? No, seriously...there's a ton to learn and we're all learning as we go. What jargon or abbreviations do you want to know? Share them here and we'll all tell you what they are or learn them for ourselves I guess :)

Droider, helloman

This is a brilliant forum. My new gopro3 black will arrive next week I hope. Ordered it a month ago. Sure it will be worth the wait!
Hope to be able to contribute here and return the favour sometime soon.

Many thanks

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Droider, helloman

This is a brilliant forum. My new gopro3 black will arrive next week I hope. Ordered it a month ago. Sure it will be worth the wait!
Hope to be able to contribute here and return the favour sometime soon.

Many thanks

Well, we are all multicopter addicts so let us know what you need because at least for me personally I can talk shop all day and all night long. I'll run you right out of the blog space :) I'm about to do some upgrades as soon as my Eagle Tree OSD Pro arrives, can't wait to finally have an OSD and I have the Eagle Tree ground station already, which I love...highly recommended. Upload your videos already :)

Last edited by a moderator: