FLIR PathfindIR on Quad

triise

Just wanted to share my first flight with my ARRIS M680-S4 and the FLIR PathfindIR (30 hz).
Got 8 min flighttime with the FLIR on a RCTimer 2 axis gimbal.

I also got a FLIR LS64 (7.5 hz) which I don't have tried on the gimbal yet. You may see the footage from the ground in the video below.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
is the flickering just the av tx reception or is that the camera? it really is good other than that,,,, how much is it?

triise

The flickering is from the video tx/rx. The quality of the flir output is very good. Haven't tested so much with regards to detection range and so on. Will keep you posted as the project advances. Btw, I'll be changing the stock motors as the weight is 4,3 kg with the flir, gimbal and 10k mah battery. They get to hot.
The flir is about 2500-3000$ usd.

Just wanted to share my first flight with my ARRIS M680-S4 and the FLIR PathfindIR (30 hz).
Got 8 min flighttime with the FLIR on a RCTimer 2 axis gimbal.

I also got a FLIR LS64 (7.5 hz) which I don't have tried on the gimbal yet. You may see the footage from the ground in the video below.

I am looking for more information about about flir cameras for search and rescue. I see that at some point you have a Iosd from DJI on display but them another OSD with coordinates. can you explain more about it?

THanks
Edgar

Last edited by a moderator:

triise

I am looking for more information about about flir cameras for search and rescue. I see that at some point you have a Iosd from DJI on display but them another OSD with coordinates. can you explain more about it?

THanks
Edgar

Hi,

I use 2 OSDs and switch between them using a eBay 3-way RC video signal switcher. the iOSD mk II is supposed to have a day camera, but it wasn't mounted at the time.
The other OSD with coordinates is a MinimOSD which is mounted between the FLIR and the switcher.

I switch between daycam (iOSD mkII) and FLIR using a spare channel on my transmitter.

The reason for using iOSD mk II is datalogging in case of problems, and the fact that it gives the most accurate voltage and flight information when used with DJI flight controllers.