Flexacopter ---The Making Of---

Stacky

The footage that Holger put up from this event from his MK is superb. Those guys from all the video I have seen still seem to me to be quite a way ahead of everyone else in terms of the quality of raw footage from the MK platform.

haris_g

people can fly
I want to add to this Flexacopter thread a sincere Thank You to Holoco for his openness and the shearing of information beyond the Flexacopter frame advantages and features, I wish many developers where like this, I have learn many things ...

+1 indeed amazing thread and amazing work done!

holco

Hi Guys,

We are working on a new project and like to have some advice about the FC to use?

We are in doubt between the DJI Wookong and the Hoverfly Pro+GPS, key use wil be video shooting so smoothness
in HH/AH mode and manual will be the most important factor.

MK is also an option but then we need i2C converters because we will be using normal ESC's.

Hope you can give us your substantiated opinion.

Greetings,

Mario
[h=3][/h]

swisser

Holco, to get the best answers I think you need to define the purpose in more detail. For example, what do you need from the GPS navigation functions? I ask because if you just need GPS for position hold (rather than for waypoint-ed operations or keyboard/joystick driven flying, etc etc) then you could use the Naza FC + GPS. This is a much cheaper option than using the Wookong and can certainly offer smooth flight. Do you need built-in telemetry?

holco

Swisser,

Altho we don't use waypoint for now we want the option to be open for future use.
And yes we want telemetry also for monitoring and easy settings changing, with the hexa
i Use the Graupner MX20 Hott system and I love all the live info you get back from the MK FC/NAV.

So for what I know now MK is the most comen sense to choose for, but the Wookong and Hoverfly
also looks very interesting and when one of them is better for airial video work we realy like to know
the pros and cons.

holco

From now the CineStar SLR mount will be standard supported by the Flexacopter hexa;)
As you can see on the pictures there is a row of recessed holes added in the lipo-box for the CineStar clamps,
this gives a maximum adjustment possibility making it always possible to fit the mount in the center of gravity,
though due to the size of the mount you need the 4cm higher legs.

-1050210.jpg

-1050207.jpg

-1050188.jpg

-1050187.jpg

-1050198.jpg

-1050178.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Skysurf

Jesper,

I have a license, and that is not a no fly zone;)

Mario

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Skysurf
holco,

I hope you are communicating with the airport in the video above.

/Jesper

That's within an ATZ. Even if the airspace and control tower was not open I think it is a very bad place to be flying in at that high an altitude. I think it's a poor decision to ever fly that close to an airport traffic pattern without prior communications. One serios accident or inciden't and everything will change.

Just saying.....

/Jesper