Flamewheel pricing

kloner

Aerial DP
DJI is printed on the center plate top and is in the mold on the arms. The clones don't say anything

Kilby

Damn, I just bought an F550 for more than 2x what it now costs. I'm so tired of that happening. Seriously, this has happened to me on several occasions now!

Kilby

WTF? The replacement arms are now $4 each. I JUST bought 4 of them for $40.

The frame I bought was $125, it's now $48.

Between the arms and the frame I bought, I over paid close to a $100 compared to today's prices. It's been less than 30 days since I placed my order. I honestly feel robbed. :-/

On a side note, I can't wait till they start cloning the s800. It should bring the price down a good bit as well. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

I'd bet it's more of a direct response to cloned frames hitting the market at a fraction of the original DJI price. This really shows you how much markup there is in these things. If they can sell them for this price, you know they are still making some kind of profit. Think of how much they were making at the old price point.

I'm with you Kilby! Not long ago I stocked up on spare parts back when arms were $40 for 4 and spare top or bottom plates were more than $30. Yesterday I bought a basic F450 kit at my LHS for $32. Doh!

I wish the electronics would come down in cost. With that said, I have been very happy with my NAZA controllers and feel like they have been a good value.