Multistar 4s 10000 mAh battery (14.8v)
Tarot T4-3D gimbal
GoPro 4 Black
1w FPV Tx (7-24v)
2x FPV cameras (3.3-5v)
FPV 3 way switch
Taranis X9D/R combo
Peli 1700 case

What else would you recommend fot this build, I believe I will need a voltage regulator for the FPV cameras or a separate power source? Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers

DD

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
you can use a simple Y connector in line with one of the ESC servo leads to pull 5 volt power for the FPV camera so you might be able to avoid the regulator. Or you can just pull the red and black wire from one ESC servo plug and reroute that power to the camera. Usually only one ESC needs to have all three servo wires plugged into the FC leaving the others unused.

Other than that you've got a pretty good list going. What about battery connectors? Power distribution?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If the tarot is going to be stored in the case - and you need to remove the props to get it in there, I would recommend some quick-release adapters that bolt to the top of the motors (and the mating side onto the prop). Makes for easy break down and possibly saves a broken prop or two - which are expensive.

denyer00

If the tarot is going to be stored in the case - and you need to remove the props to get it in there, I would recommend some quick-release adapters that bolt to the top of the motors (and the mating side onto the prop). Makes for easy break down and possibly saves a broken prop or two - which are expensive.

Do you recommend a particular set?

Buy a couple extra carbon fiber landing skids. Get the Tarot ones. One seemingly small but hard landing and they snap. Trust me you want them to snap. I replaced mine with thick heavy walled CF tubes and I had a hard landing and rather than snap it transferred all of the energy up the landing gear and broke my bottom plate. You can use the heavy wall ones to extend your gimbal mount so the props don't get in the way. Actually just tilting down your gopro slightly does the same thing. Interested to hear how that multistar battery works out for you. Is that the affordably priced green one on the hobby king website? From what I have heard it has a pretty low C rating. I use 5ooomah batteries on my tarot 680 and get around 10 minutes with 13 inch props.

Also, some extra silicone wire and some heat shrink tubing . You will probably want a bunch of bullet connectors as well unless you already know how your going to connect things. Figure out what battery connector your going to use and buy a few now. I used a 12 VDC regulated power supply for my gimbal, led lights and FPV system but I didn't really need one. One of the things that took the longest was waiting for all of the little extra bits and pieces to arrive that I forgot to order initially. Save every screw and standoff etc. because sooner or later you will find a need for it. there are at least 3 people that have Tarot 680 build logs on you tube. I can point you to them if you haven't already found them.