Fatshark Attitude with 1.8ghz video rx/rx

Rehost

Hey guys I'm currently looking into going FPV and I really like goggles. I was looking at the Attitudes but I don't know how I would connect it to a 1.8ghz system (which seems to be the best?).

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks!
Dan

02deuce

Time Warped
If you want to be wired use a splitter from your 1.3 RX to the Fat Shark Cable to your goggles.
If you want wireless (what I use) do a repeater , 1.3 RX out to 5.8 TX which repeats the video from your 1.3 to a 5.8 TX to your goggles.
Since your in close proximity to your goggles all you need is a the 100mW 5.8GHz A/V Transmitter (FatShark) which I believe comes with the goggles.
Works Great. Let me know if you need a pic of my ground station. I'll post one this evening.

larryfl1

can you please post a photo of your ground station?

is 1.3 much better then 5.8? whos 1.3 do you like ? i was thinking of range video?

i have the goggles with 5.8 but kind of like your idea....

ChrisViperM

Have a look here...quiet interesting (scroll a bit down): http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368222&page=14

Fatsharks: I have both the Dominators and the Attitude SD.....Screen resolution is the same, with the Attitude you can shift the screens to better fit the distance between your eyes, and apperantely they have a bigger field of view....BUT the Dominators have a far superior image quality to the Attitude, which is much more important to me than Field of View. Wit he the Dominators I have a crisp clear picture, especially on these tiny OSD infos (if you use OSD) ...in the Attitudes everything is somehow washed out. Apperantely they will come out with a new Attitude, the Attitude HD with a screen resolution of 800x600 compared to 640x480 at present, but nobody really knows if that is going to make such a difference.

Chris

Rehost

That's great news. I just received my Dominators. I wanted a more customizable system that's why I chose the Doms. However now I need diopter a FML.

kloner

Aerial DP
I heard immersion is suppose to release 1.3 built in offerings this spring for nexwave / fatshark

Last edited by a moderator:

Rehost

That's even greater news! I will be able to compare 5.8 with 1.3 then....

Spending too much money, wife is going to kill me!

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SMP

Have a set of Dominators heading my way (Thanks Pat/AMP) and FPV is on 1.3, RC on 2.4 and Camera on 5.8 (two man setup) The goal would be to have both 1.3 FPV and 5.8 Camera totally wireless.

My understanding is to get 1.3 into the goggles I can simply AV cable into the goggles from the 1.3 GS Rx (wired) OR Repeat the 1.3 to 5.8 in order to be wireless. Two questions. I think I understand the concept but not the actual parts needed to do the repeater idea... and once I figure out the parts wouldn't I then be stepping all over the 5.8 Camera feed or is there separate channels which would allow the now two 5.8s to play nice together??

Thx all!!!!