Failsafe with Futaba + R617FS

robnorton

Hello,

I am trying to configure my failsafe on my F550 with NAZA+GPS, I can activate the failsafe manually on a switch on the radio no problem. What I would like to do is be able to have the failsafe activate if I turn my radio off, at the moment, all of the inputs except throttle hold their positions if the radio is turned off...

Any clues? :)

Thanks,
Rob

kloner

Aerial DP
there is a window on the radio called failsafe. You need to make the channel controlling the man/atti/gps part to get set. On mine if i set the radios atti switch to light up failsafe in assistant under tx cali, then goto failsafe in teh radio and goto that channel and hold down the big button, it sets that channel to where it is at the exact moment you push the select button. do the same thing to throttle make sure it's like 20-30% just to be safe, then with everything on and hooked up to assistant, turn off your radio. It should show the throttle channel above 10% but bellow half way then the atti/man light across the bottom should light up failsafe. radio on should go where you have the sticks

After i set the man/atti switch up to trigger failsafe with radio turned off, i put the atti mode back to atti so it flies right

robnorton

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but a R617FS has bind to a radio in "PPM" mode and not "PCM", which means that the failsafe menu option is no longer available on my FF9. The only channel that I seem to be able to assign a failsafe position is the throttle channel.

I fear that my only option will be to use one of my R6014HS receivers with my Futaba 12FG which is really what I was trying to avoid in the first place - I want to be able to fly my turbine powered models and have the F550 recording video from above.

kloner

Aerial DP
i just looked around and your right, that sucks. i think this dji controllers failsafe as long as no mode gets selected when the radio is shut off..... you'd want to confirm it, easy way is to remove the props, have it all booted up with no motors running turn off the tx and note the color of the light and frequency of sparks. it should show failsafe, mines a fast orange flash on a naza that doesn't pause