Failsafe behavior when signal is totally lost

jotto

On my Jeti receiver in PPM mode, the receiver shuts off the signal (not 0%, but OFF) if connection to the transmitter is lost. The Naza goes into failsafe mode when the signal is shut off, but I have two questions regarding this:

1) I have read that the throttle signal should be 50% (at least significantly more than 0%) in failsafe mode. What happens if the throttle signal disappears? I guess this will be similar to a PPM cable connection failure
2) What happens in failsafe mode if the throttle signal exists, but is 0% Will the copter fall down immediately, or will it fly towards home for a little while and then fall to the earth?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
If you use your 'Device Explorer' on you Jeti and then select your receiver, you can programme the receiver to go to predefined settings on each channel so some could go to plain and simple off, some to 'hold' and some to lets say 58%

jotto

If you use your 'Device Explorer' on you Jeti and then select your receiver, you can programme the receiver to go to predefined settings on each channel so some could go to plain and simple off, some to 'hold' and some to lets say 58%

Yes, but only if it's set to "PPM Computed", and then I can't rearrange the servo output ports. For example, I'd like to use output port 2 on the receiver to channel 9. I need to use "PPM Direct" in order to rearrange the physical servo ports.