I have a phantom and want to go bigge rbut need help

indianashogman

Hi my name is Chuck Brenner from southern indiana , I have a dji pohantom 1 and as you all know , the flight times are falling into the 6 min range now and I want to make a quad from the parts of my phantom. I will keep the gps, naza, and all that drive except the esc s and the motors. I want to get a larger frame and put over sized motors and esc s and higher voltage to match the motors and larger props.
I'm looking for much longer flight times , and more payload capabilities , but my end goal is a glass fiber alien frame with gopro on gimbal with fpv . But i want to be able to also put a thermal setup for night time scouting of wild hogs.
My issue is that I have only had my quad for just over a month and I'm not that swift with tecky stuff, but i do know how to solder and I do know the difference between inrunners and outrunners and that lifepo4 is lower power output than lipo s . But how to determine what kind and size esc s for what size motors ???????
I want the largest and most efficient system that I can put together and try to keep price in mind. Can anyone help me with this project ????????

indianashogman

P.S. I'm selling stuff on ebay to begin this project ....... so it will be over the next couple months this will all come together.

indianashogman

This is the motors I would like to use on my project; Emax MT4114-340kv. They are 65.00 each and a max thrust of 2020g (17.8 lbs total ) and use a 15" prop. with a 6s 10000 mah . How much flight time with gopro ,and gimbal and fpv. can anyone speculate ? Or does anyone know of a better battery setup ???

Last edited by a moderator:

W. Reimer

without some additional info it's impossible to tell you what sort of times you'd be looking at. What's the AUW of the multi your building going to be? A quad, a hex, and Octo? Are you going to add things like OSD, bluetooth connectivity, FPV? Will you run a single 10K 6S batteries to twin 5K batteries? What's the weight of the batteries?

There are almost limitless combinations, with lift, thrust, motors, props, sec's, airframes add-ons, battery systems all intimately connected to your outcome. Also, what are your expectations, quantified? are you looking for 10 minutes, or 20? What sort of flying will you be doing?

indianashogman

I guess im really asking is, which gives better flight time ? one 6s 10,000 or two 5,000s . And what configurations with heavy payloads give good flight times. By heavy , I mean gimbal, gopro, osd, fpv, headlight, landing gear. By good flight times, I mean 20 mins . or so.