F550

OzzyDevil

I live in oz and for the first time I saw one of these octocopter with was a F550 and I fell inlove with it..

I was looking at getting in to photograph with my Nikon camera but after going down to the local R/C club I saw the F550 and loved it.. The guy that owned it let me have a fly of it and told me to get 1 which I am thinking about now.. But have some questions..

His was basic with naza v2 gps and that was it..

So as I want to build one I am not thinking of basic but something good but I want F550 still.. As I want to be able to take vids or pictures with gopro 3 looking at fpv and gound station and have multi way points.. I know this sounds alot but I wanted it built ones so I dont have to pull it apart to add things to it.. I don't mind if it takes 4 or 5 months to build too..

So these are my questions :)

My friends one had T motors 900kv he said they were better than stock motors but I saw the E300 with dji motors which way should I go ?

As I want the gound station what is better to use WooKong-M or does the Naza v2 do the samething ?

As down the track I would like to have fpv setup I am thinking of a 7in screen.. I just want to know what setup would work there. I hear of light bridge this part I am not sure off.. But I know it has to be something good..

I will be using a dx8 which I own.. Till I learn to fly it and master it all I won't go bigger and as I want to get into photograph I love the thought of videography better :)

So please any help would be great :)

Paul

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Paul,

there were a lot of questions there - so I'll try to cover a few.

Despite our excitement, I'm afraid the best advice is to tackle one hurdle at a time. My advice would be to decide on the basic MR first, and worry about the add-Ons later. It really is not hard to be prepared for additional components, other than soldering on some extra leads for FPV, Gimbal etc and letting them sit idle until you are ready to tackle that. Get the f550 flying well, and then determine when you're ready for additional weight, cost and potential damage. Then you can move to the other stuff when your able and willing.

As far as the motors/power system: t-motors have a great reputation. But they are expensive, and probably unnecessary. Many people successfully flying with the DJI system - and the calculations and choices have been made for you (matching ESCs etc).

Naza doesn't do waypoints. For a comparably priced FC that does that - you'll need to look at 3drobotics pixhawk or APM. There is a much bigger learning curve to those units. For the WKM you need to buy it as an add-on I think. The A2 (highest priced DJI FC) comes with it.

The light bridge is a digital video downlink system. It's new and you'll have to research that - but it's mostly for pro aerial videography. Basic FPV can be done for relatively inexpensive when you're ready. Make sure you find a monitor that doesn't go blank (blue screen ) and you'll be all set. Immersionrc 5.8 gear is a good place to start for gear that will all work together for the rest of the FPV stuff. Simple and fairly affordable. Again, keep it basic until you learn the ropes of FPV. It can be quite disorienting at first, at least in my experience. :)

good luck and have fun.

Avenger

Hi,

sounds like your where I was about 10 weeks ago.

I opted for the dji F550 with
Stock motors and ESCs
Naza M Lite (though I ought to have gone V2)
Stock Props
Spektrum Dx7s Tx
AR 8000 Rx
Fat Shark FPV + Visor (I've upgraded the Tx & Rx antennas to Spironet Cloverleaf)
FPV Skids
FeiYa Tech 2D brushless gimbal
Go Pro Hero 3+ Black Edition (which I can also use as FPV camera)
I'm using 4S 5500 MaH 40c lipo batteries of which I now have 8 and get 12 minutes flight time
I sometimes use 2 in Parallel but havn't timed the flight yet
I bought a Pelicase 1630 to keep everything in and it's just the job

two very good pieces of advice I got were, build your own as it teaches you so much and the satisfaction is great. Secondly, buy spare parts in readiness for your first crash and damage.

ive loved the experience so far and would spend the money and do it all again

good luck

Avenger

There are a lot of good build videos on the internet but here's one that goes into good detail.
I'd still take the time to watch other build videos aswell because each covers different elements of the build in varying levels of detail.

http://youtu.be/_etT7-0IFQ0