F550 keeps flipping

m0003124

Thank you rotorfreak I am still learning this. I decided to get a futaba T7CHP TX and a lot of what you said helped. I unfortunately still have a problem. When I fire up motors to fly not all propellors spin. And then the hexacopter flips over. I can't seem to get it to get off the ground. I set up my three way switch. Did the naza dance, but still the motors don't all run at the same time! They will run if I move stick around but not all for take off? All propellors are spinning in correct directions. Help if you have any other great ideas. I am using 1000kv motors and 30a ESCs

PCMAerial

Thank you rotorfreak I am still learning this. I decided to get a futaba T7CHP TX and a lot of what you said helped. I unfortunately still have a problem. When I fire up motors to fly not all propellors spin. And then the hexacopter flips over. I can't seem to get it to get off the ground. I set up my three way switch. Did the naza dance, but still the motors don't all run at the same time! They will run if I move stick around but not all for take off? All propellors are spinning in correct directions. Help if you have any other great ideas. I am using 1000kv motors and 30a ESCs

Could be a multitude of things, so don't quote me here...

But going off of experience. It sounds like a possible ESC timing issue. Have you calibrated all of your ESC's correctly? This can lead to the motors running at a different time than one another. Maybe something to look at if not already? Goodluck!

m0003124

Thank you for your help. I'm not quite sure how to calibrate the ESC's do you have any good links showing how?

m0003124

Once again thank you again for the help. So here is what I've done. I double checked motors and propellers. They are good to go. I don't have a motor test button on the naza page, but I fired it up and checked.
I then did the naza compass calibration IMU calibration. I also calibrated the ESC throttle distance. But still it flips[emoji16] I then made sure I had it in GPS mode and gave full throttle. It flipped over again. I am so close, I'm just missing something. Do you have any more advice for me?

Bluerex

Any chance you can take screen-shots of each of the config pages with the copter plugged in - no blades of course :)
The FC/GPS positioning setup is another possible source of confusion...

C

m0003124

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415980847.680430.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415980847.680430.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 243
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415980891.352974.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415980891.352974.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 253
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415980959.485257.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415980959.485257.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 269
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415981007.606203.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415981007.606203.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 244
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415981053.006943.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415981053.006943.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 258

m0003124

I set my yaw and pitch settings to what someone online said was a good setting for them. Maybe that is my problem! How do you know what to set them at?

Y0urDaddy

So, I am not sure if this will help you or not, but it is something I learned here.

When I tried my first flight with my F450 it would not take off. I had the ESC's connected to the Naza in the right sequence for my frame but it would not fly. What I learned here is that there is a phase relationship for the motors, so what I had to do was watch the direction each motor was spinning in relation to how they were supposed to spin. On the F450 as you go clockwise around the frame each motor should turn opposite of one prior to it. if you find one that is not spinning in the correct direction, swap two of the black wires on the ESC (it does not matter which two) and that should reverse the phase of the motor and start it spinning in the correct direction.

So at a basic level I would make sure each motor is turning the way it is supposed to.

Thanks

YD

Welly

I'm a newb and have spent several months with flipping new builds! some of the test flights it flew straight at my face with 11 inch props, luckily i had it tethered with strong string.

My problem was something got messed up trying to configure the ESCs with the stupid beep codes/throttle change method. Somehow the 1 of the controllers was configured in reverse after when I shorted out a KK board!!!!!!!

I'm sure you have checked your wiring to the point of obsession as I did so there is a good chance a ESC programmer will cure the problem.

I had the motors not starting problem also.

You need a ESC programmer as suggested in the second post of this thread, good luck. :)

Post a link to the ESC you are using.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welly

Will any ESC programmer work? Is there one you recommend?

You need the correct one for your ESC's. I have Turnigy multistar .

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27135__Turnigy_Multistar_ESC_Programming_Card.html

Once I got my programmer my problems disappeared and released me from the hell of flipping then I started enjoying the hobby and you realized it's actually quite easy to get a new quad to fly :)

What ESC's do you have? and are they all the same?

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

m0003124

There all the same but they don't say who made them. They just say 30a on them. I bought the f550 kit that comes with them so they are probably a generic brandView attachment 21584

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416443591.538509.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416443591.538509.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 217

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
There all the same but they don't say who made them. They just say 30a on them. I bought the f550 kit that comes with them so they are probably a generic brandView attachment 26323

Run them through a basic calibration.

REMOVE ALL PROPS BEFORE DOING A MOTOR CALIBRATION.

1. Plug in each ESC individually to the throttle channel on your receiver.
2. Throttle stick to maximum and apply power to the receiver, the motor should give a series of beeps.
3. Slide the throttle stick to minimum, there should be another beep or maybe several beeps that tells you calibration is complete.
4. Test that the motor starts from minimal throttle and achieves maximum revs at full throttle.
5. Repeat for each motor.
6. Re-plug your system back together and test that all your motors start at the same time.

Once you are happy the motors start up together re-install your props.

Welly

Apologies I didn't realize they were DJI ESC's which are non-configurable as are the ones on my Phantom! apart from the throttle config mentioned above.