F550 flyaway

farmerfred

Yesterday I lost my f550 when it climbed beyond my control.
I was climbing high and when I tried to stop the climb I lost sight of it and haven't seen it since.
I never saw it fall out of the sky anywhere and the return to home had always worked fine before.

Word of caution - PUT YOU NAME/NUMBER on your aircraft! I have lost over £800 and feel like I have lost a family member!

If it's ever found the go pro footage would be footage of the year!!!

kloner

Aerial DP
sorry to hear your loss, but you may still have a chance... post up flyers, tell people what happened. I've seen so many people loose rigs and get em back. usually the camera is missing. most people don't want the chopper, they take whats familliar and chuck em aside, ie the camera

farmerfred

Thanks for your comments. Yes I've asked around and put a few fliers up.

it rained last night and a frost is forecast tonight so it really gonna suffer if any things still working :(

it it not just the money lost... The time and building effort are quite sentimental...

It had been so flawless and trustworthy, always coming back so I decided to push it a little higher... Feel gutted!

STI-REX

Gettin Old
If you can't stomach loosing your gear then maybe this hobby isn't for you
If it flies it can be lost in several ways

flyaway
major crash with total destruction
crash into deep water
crash onto Hi-way

Every time you fly any one of these is a possibility

Also putting your name and number on a flying whipper snipper could land you in court if it was to injure some one

Now I fully support being responsible for your actions and errant equipment so you need to be careful where you operate as you could loose the shirt off your back if sued let alone the hex a copter

Just put it down to experience and build again and if it is ever found and returned you may get some usable spares

Sorry if this seems harsh but reality usually is

Also putting your name and number on a flying whipper snipper could land you in court if it was to injure some one

Now I fully support being responsible for your actions and errant equipment so you need to be careful where you operate as you could loose the shirt off your back if sued let alone the hex a copter

In Switzerland, it's can be covered under your normal liability cover. As a consequence all my rigs carry my contact details on.

You are all flying with liability insurance....right?

farmerfred

2199urp.jpg

Almost exactly one year ago! My f550 has been found!

farmerfred

No, it was found in woodland. The zenmuse gear is bent so looks like a hard landing near the camera area. The motors are solid and some of the wires have been chewed at!