F450 NAZA FPV Rig

I'm flying the Avroto 2814 motors which are heavy and really inefficient with the 9x5" Graupners. With 4S 4200mah, I'm getting around 9 minutes conservatively. I tried 10" props, but found that the higher disk loading with the 9" was smoother and less prone to bumps in turbulence. It's a beast with 10", just depends what you're looking for. The Tiger MT2216 motors have been recommended as a better match to the F450, and I may try them.

I fly almost exclusively in Manual mode, so my gains may be different from people that prefer flying in ATTI or GPS. Additionally, I'm finding that how you set your rates and expo on the transmitter is just as important as the gain settings, and it's really a combination of both factors that makes it feel right to me.

BASIC Pitch: 140 Roll: 140 Yaw: 155 Vertical: 110
ATTITUDE Pitch: 90 Roll: 90
Rate in MANUAL Pitch: 45% Roll: 50% Yaw: 100%
Rate in ATTITUDE Pitch: 100% Roll: 100% Yaw: 100%
Expo both Modes: Pitch: INH Roll: INH Yaw: 3%

With your gopro which format are you using ?

To get something very smooth.
Thanks

azure

With your gopro which format are you using ?

To get something very smooth.
Thanks

I find that mostly I just shoot 720 because the file size is easier to manage and good enough for documenting a flight. The format really won't affect smoothness in any way; just the resolution / image quality. Shooting at 1080 will simply give you better quality vibrations. :)

Hi Azure
Is not FPV as I don't what to buy :):) but I'm thinking of it, BTW any help to choose are more welcome.

For now I only plug a camera on the top of the Frame and do the post-production on my Mac (take a long time to get a result), but learn everyday...

azure

Hi Azure
Is not FPV as I don't what to buy :):) but I'm thinking of it, BTW any help to choose are more welcome.

For now I only plug a camera on the top of the Frame and do the post-production on my Mac (take a long time to get a result), but learn everyday...

If you have high quality props that you've balanced carefully, even just strapping a camera to a frame can give you good results in terms of very little vibration. Beyond that, it comes down to how smooth you fly, which is hard on an F450. Yeah, post stab is very time consuming; and most of us here would rather see the raw, un-post-stabilized flight because it provides more information about what is really going on.

...And the learning, for me, is the most fun part. Particularly when you can apply that knowledge with successful results.

azure

It was hot (90F+), so when flying around the rocks there was a lot of rising thermal action that made smooth flight difficult. A fun place to fly, but bushwhacking to find the quad after the crash kind of sucked. :nevreness:

Last edited by a moderator:

goraplx

Hi Azure

What software do you use for video editing ?

Edit; replayed wrong post. Tapatalk :)

kloner

Aerial DP
the whole video i was waiting to go down into the trees, then found out why............. good job dude